Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   cutting board's day in the sun! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cutting-boards-day-sun-t193796.html)

resource fabricologist 07-08-2012 07:52 AM

Put it in the sun again on a flat surface and place a piece of glass on top to hold it flat.

ging10ging 07-08-2012 07:56 AM

I am laughing because my DH would probably do that. Hopefully in one way you are still getting the high heat and you can flatten it again of course I'm sure you really don't want the heat either. One of life's little lessons in futility. Good luck and keep DH in on the secret of it being on the hot concrete. Sue

pokeyscorner 07-08-2012 08:48 AM

Love all the stories. When I first started to use the rotary mats I didn't read the instructions & pressed my pcs on it. I now keep that one around as a reminder .

Helen S 07-08-2012 08:55 AM

Don't you just love how helpful DH's can BE? lol Well, this time it will cost him dearly, I'm sure! YOU need a NEW cutting board, and Joann's just put out a new coupon for 50% off any regular priced item, valid through July 14th! lol

Handcraftsbyjen 07-08-2012 09:58 AM

I know I shouldntbe laughing, but I am.

BellaBoo 07-08-2012 10:20 AM

When DH decides to 'help' I just lay low and then have it done my way when he's done. He painted our front porch and I had it repainted while he was gone for a few days. Same color paint so he never knew. He rarely goes on the front porch anyway. LOL. The man is not a house painter, there were so many brush strokes and thin spots it looked like white wash. He said it would dry out. I guess the same as it will quilt out?

KyKaren1949 07-08-2012 11:00 AM

I'm just a little more south from you in Owensboro, KY. We have two weeks of 100+ temps with you. Supposed to have a break starting tomorrow. It's just been horribly hot. The poor farmer's crops are just dying in the fields. They've said a 70% chance of rain today (Sunday) and tomorrow.

Jean45 07-08-2012 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie (Post 5343555)
So, I laid my warped cutting board out in the sun on the only piece of concrete close to the house. Almost got all the warps out and went to look for it.

My DH (d is not standing for dear this time!) picked it up and to "protect it" laid it over a big chunk of limestone rock. Now it is curled on 4 sides and heaven knows how lumpy in the middle.

Some days you just can't win!

I had a cutting matt with a warped corner. I wanted to lay it flat and see how that worked. DH wanted to straighten it with a heat gun. I didn't want him to but he did it, I didn't know he had done it and he didn't tell me. For 2 months I couldn't understand why my blocks were not going together like they should. Well, straightening it warped the measure markings. You couldn't see it but it happened. GGGrrrrrrr.

Dawnmarieodya 07-08-2012 09:44 PM

If you cant flatten it out you can cut it up and use it for bag liners or do as I did.I had enough to
cut out a sm piece for quilt class to take along with out taking up too much space nex to me.I even had anough to share with another lady who needed a sm cutting board.

GrannieAnnie 07-09-2012 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5346343)
I've learned to always tell my husband what I'm up to. I've learned it the hard way, believe me!

If I got any response it would be his half shoulder shrug, a shake of the head and then "what do you want me to do about it."