Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   cutting mat (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cutting-mat-t74619.html)

MerryQuilter 11-07-2010 05:36 AM

I think I would get my Joanns half price coupon and get new one no fun if have to fight with tools,

memere9 11-07-2010 06:01 AM

If you can't get it flat it will make great templates for patterns. I went to a place mat class for a one piece place mate and the teacher made her pattern from a used cutting mat. She makes lots of place mats.

featherweight 11-07-2010 06:22 AM

Originally Posted by memere9
If you can't get it flat it will make great templates for patterns. I went to a place mat class for a one piece place mate and the teacher made her pattern from a used cutting mat. She makes lots of place mats.

I took one of my old ones and cut into a circle. I found a wood Lazy Susan at the thrift and made me a rotating mat. Works just as good as the expensive ones.

MNM 11-07-2010 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by mommamac
help - my cutting mat got all wavy during our move - is there a way to get it back into a flat surface or do I bite the bullet & ante up for a new one?

I'm interested in the answer to this one. I or I should say my DH left my mat on a table on our patio in 118* weather and it is now frilly also. I have tried everthing I can think of to flatten it to no avail. I bit the bullet and got a cheap one waiting for a 50% off sale at Joann's. Maybe a Christmas gift from my DH.
I had a lot of trouble cutting on the frilly one. Waiting for your ideas. MNM

featherweight 11-07-2010 06:51 AM

MNM, If it is "frilly" or "Rufflely" I think it is to late. Just my opinion.

MNM 11-07-2010 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by featherweight
MNM, If it is "frilly" or "Rufflely" I think it is to late. Just my opinion.

Boy! you got that right but I do like the idea of using it for templates. Thanks all. MNM

janb 11-07-2010 07:18 AM

Good information, just when I need it.

Quilter Marshall 11-07-2010 07:25 AM

help - my cutting mat got all wavy during our move - is there a way to get it back into a flat surface or do I bite the bullet & ante up for a new one?

I put my distorted cutting mat in my stove oven on about 150-200 degrees, and it turned out like brand new. i left it in the stove about 20 min. may take longer for yours.

featherweight 11-07-2010 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter Marshall

I put my distorted cutting mat in my stove oven on about 150-200 degrees, and it turned out like brand new. i left it in the stove about 20 min. may take longer for yours.

I don't think my 59 x 42 mat will fit in mine. LOL

JANW 11-07-2010 07:54 AM

Same with me, but if you need new ones Hancocks of Paducah had the best price by far. Just got my new ones yesterday