Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Cutting & Sewing Tables in center or against wall? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/cutting-sewing-tables-center-against-wall-t87322.html)

amma 01-03-2011 10:42 AM

In the center of the room is preferable to me, so I can get all the way around the table :D:D:D

kclausing 01-03-2011 10:45 AM

Mine isn't in the center of the room, but it is about 3ft away from my back work area, so I am facing away from the wall with a work/storage area behind me.

My layout tables have drop leaves and they are against the wall when not in use, but when I need them I roll them out and set them up.

suebee 01-03-2011 10:52 AM

Only reason I have mine against the wall is for space. I have none. Im forced to have against the wall. My dream sewing room would have it in the middle for sure. You are fortunate.

leaha 01-03-2011 10:54 AM

I have my cutting table in the corner, and my big board ironing board in the next room. Why? because I need all the moving around I can get!! For me I do not want every thing in a nice little U shape, did that for years, and it is one of the reasones I am in the shape I am in, so do all the getting up and down and walking I can do, hoping it will some day make a differance.
My advice? do your room to make it best for you! Do you need to have your cutting table out from wall? or next to it? Machines facing wall. window? or to the center of the room? Make your room yours and how you will do best in.

Sophie2 01-03-2011 10:55 AM

I am lucky enough with my current sewing room to have my table in the middle of the room. I like being able to move all around it. When it was against the wall I found I would pile project etc against the wall and then not be able to reach them. Amazing who creative we can become with the space we have!:)

Mousie 01-03-2011 10:55 AM

My room dictates where I can put things to make the most usage of space available, so my cutting table is against a wall, my "working and fiddling" station is in the center, and my machine table has the right side against a wall and 3 other sides open.
I like it this way too! works great for me. I changed things a hunnerd times till it came to this set up...and I'm getting to stiff a mouse to move too many more times ;)

np3 01-03-2011 11:16 AM

Originally Posted by amma
In the center of the room is preferable to me, so I can get all the way around the table :D:D:D

Me too.

Up North 01-03-2011 11:30 AM

My room is only 8x9 so no room in the middle and is is a total mess right now! It also has my computer in it but I took off the closet doors and hubby put in a plug so it is out of the way for the most part.

QuiltnCowgirl 01-03-2011 11:50 AM

Pictures anyone? I am in the middle of renovating my sewing room today & have been wondering the same thing.

Up North 01-03-2011 11:55 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here is mine when it was cleaned up a bit