Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   D9P question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/d9p-question-t61132.html)

Maggiemay 08-24-2010 10:37 AM

Has anyone made a D9P out of 6 fabrics? I have seen a lot of them here made with 3 or 4 but am not sure if I have seen 6. I got a 12 pack of FQ at Tuesday Morning & thought I may do a D9P with them. The 12 pack was $6.99. They have a small area where they have some craft things & I always check it out when I am there. I've gotten some good deals on scissors, Fons & Porter notions & quilt stencils.

GrammaNan 08-24-2010 10:42 AM

You got a great deal! I am curios about using 6 fabrics too. I will watch your post.

katier825 08-24-2010 11:01 AM

Not 6, but I have with about a dozen fabrics. I don't have the picture here, but can post one later. I've also got another cut out with more fabrics than that. I usually keep the centers all the same and mix up the rest. I like the scrappy look of them, but still enough of each fabric so it doesn't look so thrown together.

raptureready 08-24-2010 11:38 AM

I've got one started with one center fabric, one back ground fabric and 4 other fabrics. I use the one on the center block and then use one of the other 4 for the corners. On each new block I change the corner squares. I've only had it started for about 3 years. I find that I really don't like doing D9P's. I'm totally bored with it. Maybe I picked the wrong colors. I like other people's when they're done, I just don't like doing them.

gale 08-24-2010 12:22 PM

I'm planning to use one that is basically 6 fabrics. 4 different ones in the corners, one in the center and a different one on the sides in the middle position of each side. Only difference is the 4 in the corners are actually not the same either but they're all from the same line. I'm doing my D9P to look like regular squares with sashing and cornerstones.

mzsooz 08-24-2010 12:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Maggiemay
Has anyone made a D9P out of 6 fabrics? I have seen a lot of them here made with 3 or 4 but am not sure if I have seen 6. I got a 12 pack of FQ at Tuesday Morning & thought I may do a D9P with them. The 12 pack was $6.99. They have a small area where they have some craft things & I always check it out when I am there. I've gotten some good deals on scissors, Fons & Porter notions & quilt stencils.

I made this quilt with a charm pack. Lots of different patterns. Maybe this will inspire you. Sorry the picture isn't better. I'll take a better one once I have it quilted.

sueisallaboutquilts 08-24-2010 12:38 PM

Yes, I used Charm packs from Moda. Not sure how many different fabrics but it was a lot. I used dark for the center square, medium at the four corners, and lighter for the other 4 blocks. I had a lot of fun and am getting ready to have it long-armed. It's a King for our bed and I don't want to quilt that sucker!! :D

dungeonquilter 08-25-2010 05:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I made one using charm packs from a couple of different lines for the corners (florals), one fabric for the centre (dark green with black), and scrappy creams for the other four spaces.
It was the first quilt that my husband voluntarily said he liked, and said I had to keep. I give most away to family & friends.

scrappy D9P
[ATTACH=CONFIG]104000[/ATTACH]

sueisallaboutquilts 08-25-2010 05:49 AM

Dungeon, I like the way yours came out better than mine. Mine is kinda busy. But I love it anyway. I just wish I added more lights, as you did.
It's beautiful~!~ :D

Maggiemay 08-25-2010 10:22 AM

Thank you for your replies- I am inspired!