Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   D9P question for you (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/d9p-question-you-t33474.html)

craftybear 06-07-2010 08:39 PM

wow, thanks everyone, also loved the link

Honchey 06-07-2010 09:19 PM

I Love this combination.. It's classy!!

jljack 06-07-2010 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by kbiederman
Hi there, I am fairly new to quilting, but I am HOOKED! I have only done very basic block quilts so far, and I really want to try the d9p. I have looked at the tutorials, and the pictures, but still can't figure a few things out. How do I know how many fabrics to use, and how do I go about designing a pattern, if I don't know how many fabrics? I have seen many very pretty ones in 2-3 fabrics, but the some of the ones with more than that seem to end up being random when it is sewed together? What do I do?

So K, how did it come out? Did you post a picture?

JanetM 06-07-2010 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
and here is mine with 2 colors..

Oh, this is so prettty. I really like your focus fabric, wish i had some. D9P is on my to-do list. Looks like a fun pattern to make.

JanetM 06-07-2010 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by kbiederman
Thank you all so much for your helpful information, I think (?) I have figured out what I am going to do...maybe. All the suggestions are very helpful!! Thank you!!

I was absolutely no help to you. Luckily the other's were. But I just have to ask you. Your picture is so cute. Has anyone ever told you that you resemble the actress Candace Cameron?

watterstide 06-16-2010 04:04 PM

that is mine, but it was just a block...lol! the flower fabric was from joanns, but the cream was from a quilt shop..

watterstide 06-16-2010 04:08 PM

I will look through my stash for the fabric. tomorrow and the weekend. i can't believe it was mine..! i ahve been looking all over the board with you guys... :roll:

katier825 06-16-2010 04:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a picture of one I'm working on. I used the same fabric in the center of all the 9-patches and different fabrics in the rest. I kept the outer corners all darker than the rest. Then I put sashing and a similar turquoise for cornerstones to what I used for the center of the 9-patches.

I was doing so good on mine, then decided to stay up late one night to assemble the top...lesson for that day: put away the rotary cutter when tired!!! I cut off the extra "points" so I could get an idea of how it was going to look. Unfortunately, I cut off a block too soon on the sides and have to do lots of ripping and make more new blocks to fix it. I also made it too long. I had to put it aside for awhile because I was so depressed about it. But I will get back to it again. I love the colors.

watterstide 06-16-2010 04:26 PM

IT IS A Super Duper BEAUTY!

Cathie_R 06-16-2010 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by watterstide
and here is mine with 2 colors..

I like his two color version. I hadn't thought of that. I've used 3 colors and like that but the 2 color one give a nice pattern. Thanks for the idea. I've also thought of trying an all over scrappy one. Maybe all one color but different prints and values.