Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Daisy Flower Stitch Sewing machine Presser Foot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/daisy-flower-stitch-sewing-machine-presser-foot-t286721.html)

Linda Renfro 03-11-2017 05:40 AM

Daisy Flower Stitch Sewing machine Presser Foot

I've seen a lot of advertisement for a presser foot that is called Daisy Flower Stitch, has anyone tried it and does it work okay? I was thinking about ordering one, but wasn't sure it was worth it.

Geri B 03-11-2017 05:44 AM

Not sure what you mean, but if it's an attachment that sews a cute little daisy flower....yes, it works, gave had one for many yrs.....used it, hmmmm, 1/2 doz times...thanks for the reminder, now where is it?

Linda Renfro 03-11-2017 05:51 AM

Yes, it's the attachment. I've seen them pop up on facebook and today I saw them on ebay much cheaper than I had seen them posted for on fb. I thought it would be a cute addition to a quilt but I wasn't really sure if they worked that well.

rryder 03-11-2017 09:06 AM

I've got one that I've used some. You can get several different flowers and do color variations as well. I have had mixed results using it. Sometimes I manage to get it set to do nice tidy flowers and other times I end up making eccentric flowers. I think it takes a bit of practice to learn how to get it set just right. one of the online sewing places has a video demonstrating it. If you do a search on YouTube you can find it.

KLO 03-11-2017 12:20 PM

I too have looked at these attachments and have been drawn to buy one. Like you, I wondered if they really worked. My feeling is that the cheaper ones on ebay are "generic" attachments which poses two questions: are they cheaply made in some foreign country and won't hold up or even work properly; will it fit my machine and work as stated? I am hoping others will read your post and have a review on these less expensive ones. Thanks for asking this question.

crafty pat 03-11-2017 12:31 PM

I bought one and have had it for a long time but have never used it. I forgot I had it. Now I must find it and try it.

annette1952 03-11-2017 06:58 PM

I bought one a long time ago from Nancy's notions. I used it a couple times to practice with but haven't used it since. Too many other things going on I guess. I remember it working good though when I did use it. Thanks for the reminder.

Onebyone 03-11-2017 08:21 PM

I bought one from Nancy Notions a few years ago. It does make pretty flowers but they are small. I had to practice to get perfect ones, my first ones were rather odd looking. I haven't used it in a long time. They do look nice to decorate a pillowslip hem.

citruscountyquilter 03-13-2017 03:06 AM

I didn't know something like this existed until now. I googled it and it's easy to find several you-tube videos on how to use it.

lindaschipper 03-13-2017 04:07 AM

I bought one a few years ago....have not used it yet.