Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   That darn Puppy! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/darn-puppy-t305043.html)

Libits 06-03-2019 04:26 PM

That darn Puppy!

1 Attachment(s)
I feel bad saying this because I’m an unabashed, total dog lover but this darn puppy is giving me fits!! I think I figured out what to do about the toes (that thunder you may have heard in the last 4 days was me thinking) but now my blanket stitch is wonky. I've adjusted the tension with no luck either way. Any idea why it's looking like a bunch of “V’s”?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613539[/ATTACH]

Chasing Hawk 06-03-2019 04:33 PM

Just take it slow, it will work itself out. I am sure your puppy will learn some manners soon....:) He/she sure has a cute little tail.

dunster 06-03-2019 04:45 PM

It looks like the top tension is too tight. Poor puppy! He just needs some love.

Tartan 06-03-2019 05:29 PM

The bobbin thread is being pulled to the top. You either need to lower the top tension or increase your bobbin tension. Do you have anything under the background to stabilize it? A coffee filter can be used under the background and trimmed away after the stitching.

Libits 06-03-2019 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 8261358)
The bobbin thread is being pulled to the top. You either need to lower the top tension or increase your bobbin tension. Do you have anything under the background to stabilize it? A coffee filter can be used under the background and trimmed away after the stitching.

I have the fusible web under the faux suede. I think I was angling and moving the fabric as it was being fed. It worked better when I stopped, lifted the foot, turned the fabric a bit. Now what do I do about these toes??? Using he blanket stitch (which my heart is set on) works fine on 99% of the puppy but it's terrible around the toes. (The red lines in the pix are what i'll be adding as definition with a very tight zigzag. The lines aren't quite accurate but you get the idea.)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]613540[/ATTACH]

quiltingshorttimer 06-03-2019 07:03 PM

Oh! I thought from the title that you had a puppy chewing up a quilt!

Libits 06-03-2019 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer (Post 8261386)

LOL! No but the puppy pattern's paws look pretty chewed up. I need more practice.

Tartan 06-03-2019 07:24 PM

I have used a sharpie to colour wayward thread as long as the stitching is secure. Sometimes you just have to do the best you can and move on.

Jordan 06-03-2019 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by quiltingshorttimer (Post 8261386)

That was my first thought too. I thought poor puppy! I thought I was going to see a quilt torn to shreds.

Ariannaquilts 06-03-2019 09:42 PM

I love the blanket stitch as well and it frustrates me to no end so I do the best I can and call it a day!