Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dead Woman Walking! LOL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dead-woman-walking-lol-t254937.html)

Onebyone 10-08-2014 10:28 AM

I still can't believe you actually sit down and listed them. I can't see how it is anyone's business how many unfinished projects I have. My DH would never want to say anything to me to make me feel bad over something so trivial.

Rose S. 10-08-2014 11:44 AM

At least you have a life, and an interesting one! Starting things, even if you don't finish them is still a lot better than being glued to the TV. Or not doing anything at all. Not that I don't TV...but I often wonder how people just sit and stare at it...there are a few mysteries that I do have to watch a bit more closely, but a lot of stuff I 'watch', I am more listening to and doing something else at the same time.

Jan in VA 10-08-2014 01:24 PM

WHAT problem? :p

GrannieAnnie 10-08-2014 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by pyffer3 (Post 6920045)
Last night I got on a kick to find my crochet hooks.....going through all the usual places and my husband ask me what I was doing, so I told him that I was looking for my crochet hook because I found this really easy looking pattern for a shrug and wanted to start that. He made me sit down with a pencil and paper and list everything I have started and not finished.......
So, with that being said.....I have 6 quilts started in various stages, 11 Christmas ornaments started in various stages, 4 cross stitch projects in various stages, 11 safety pin beaded watches (got all the stuff haven't started yet), a quilted table runner and 4 matching placemats kit, and now I want to start a crochet project. (In my defense I have the yarn already)!
Is this a sickness? Do I need intervention? He was being cute, but it did make me stop and think that maybe I need to focus on finishing things!
Anyone else have this problem?

My hubby would have been sent to the barn, without supper!

GrammaNan 10-08-2014 01:44 PM

My Hubby would never DARE say anything to me! One word out of his mouth and I will walk outside and open the garage door, then take him downstairs and show him the downstairs bathroom then..... 'nuff said.

Judith1005 10-08-2014 02:23 PM

I am so not going there. NO listing ever again. I get even LESS accomplished. For me, the enjoyment comes from picking the pattern, finding the fabrics and piecing the quilt top. The whole ending is up for debate. I usually get tired of the whole thing by the time the top is finished. So, when I'm bored with what is on my bed or I need a gift, that's usually when I'll pull a top out and quilt it. Truly, I really would love to see more finished tops. I guess I should probably do something about that. But, then, I see another pattern I want to try. (Do you see where this is going. :D lol)

Other then work, spend time with the furr kids, visits to my grandson, read, (A very beginner knitter.) I do enjoy getting lost in the rhythm. I really don't have a ton of other hobbies. Which is probably a good thing. (I'm not sure I have the time or money.)

Long story short, Do what makes you happy! :) Enjoy, now, where are those crochet hooks.

Thanks for sharing ladies. I so enjoy your stories.

blahel 10-08-2014 02:51 PM

i haven't even finished my list of wips let alone my wips..lol

QUILTNMO 10-08-2014 02:54 PM

tell him you are very normal i probably have more then that and went to fabric store brought more fabric and yarn !!

EmbQuilt 10-08-2014 02:57 PM

Standing up, my name is Lisa and I have a fabric addiction and I like to sometimes (ok more than sometimes) start projects and not finish them. Sitting back down.

i would like to add that after cleaning up my sewing area and organizing just about everything that is in it (lol disclaimer I did not organize the stuff that's in bins in our storage area). I decided that I really needed to add binding and/or finish the bindings on the ufos that I was storing. I brought those up to do at night while watching tv w hubby and oh my they got done! Yippee!

pokeygirl 10-08-2014 03:44 PM

Oh, my...where to begin.....I have so many projects started....Crochet that I started so long ago that I should donate so it can be finished. My daughter got me into making beautiful jewelry and now I have tons of goodies that just sit in boxes. I enjoy the quilting most of all, but I get bored with the one that I am working on and start another. I have so much fabric that I don't think I will ever use it all. I have tried to get my daughter interested in quilting so I can give some to her, but she's just not interested. I have even offered to buy her a new machine. Sounds like we are all in the same boat. But isn't it fun! :D