Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dead Woman Walking! LOL (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dead-woman-walking-lol-t254937.html)

quiltingbuddy 10-10-2014 07:19 AM

I must admit I'm also in the club. A highly treasured group I see. I'll stand up proudly and say I've got 7 wips and loving every minute of every undone possibility for continued fun. Oh yes, I also bought a magazine just yesterday of "quick projects" to look for ideas for more LoL. In my defense it was my birthday and baby gets what baby wants on her birthday right? Thanks for the laughs in this thread ladies.

Caswews 10-10-2014 07:54 AM

Wow and I only have 5 projects I have started and not finished as something else has come along that I must do right away. (hanging head in shame)> :-)

sval 10-10-2014 08:05 AM

Originally Posted by Mornigstar (Post 6921212)
So I have to be different .I finish each thing I start --not that I haven't had to leave a few. I am the person that is given the unfinished from others to finish. At my charity this summer I did about 10 small tops that others started almost finished.
So if you don't want the finished "whatever" give it away unless you need to fill space with these boxes.
I will admit after a while this summer it got crazy because I was sewing things in colors and patterns I didn't like.
Oh well I just had to add from another perspective.

I'm with you in your boat. I have two quilts going at the same time. One is to the binding stage that I can sit and handsew in the late afternoon when I'm "done" for the day. And another that is still at the machine.
I never ever ever start another one. It would be too much confusion in the sewing room as to what goes with what. And if I were to put it away in a box I wouldn't remember how to do it when I got it out.
But it sounds like we're the weird ones. Most every one on here is in the other camp.
I do live with a man that is like that though.

betty32084 10-10-2014 10:53 AM

I've always heard that variety is the spice of life - so ,I like you, sure have a spicy life. Can't imagine just doing one thing only til its finished. we craft as our moods change.

adamae 10-10-2014 11:22 AM

I am so bad about UFO's that I buy them at any opportunity even if the parts are not all present...kinda like my judgement...not all there...lol....Finally, decided I like the process of creating not the finish. Though I have many quilts made and gone. DDIL #1, DD and DGD would take any I offered. Now, a new great grandson is coming and just yesterday, bought lots of fleece and flannel...gonna have so much fun!

sheri 10-10-2014 02:11 PM

i agree

Originally Posted by IrishgalfromNJ (Post 6920061)
pyffer3, I hope you found your crochet hooks. There's nothing like starting a new yarny project for fun.

I have about 5 projects ready to start (materials bought) but I don't think they should be considered unfinished until they are started.

maybe we can come up with a term for the not started projects, they really aren't UFO's

sheri 10-10-2014 02:15 PM

I am in the many projects club but what I want to know is if you all have them all over, kitchen, dining room, sewing room like I do. I can't seem to keep to one place. It's a real problem, help me.

kiffie2413 10-10-2014 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Onebyone (Post 6922461)
Don't waste time and emotion to looking for a lost crochet hook. They are too cheap to not buy another one.

I like your thinking! And I agree!!
Off to see what's on sale somewhere that I'm sure I NEED...lol

Adamae,
Congrats on a new dggs!!

Sheri, Um, yes...but every now and again I go thru and organize...but it's honestly just moving things around so it feels and looks like I did something productive.
K

Sync 10-10-2014 03:53 PM

lol .... Sheri .... I'm also in the many projects club. Since I don't have a sewing room my projects are all over the house. My floor quilt frame is set up in my dining room and the dining room table is my cutting/sewing table. We have a pie safe in our living room which I have taken over and it houses my WIPs (that I have set up in baskets) as well as thread, rulers, cutting mats and a scrap basket. Next to our sofa is always a project basket so I can sew while watching TV with hubby. Now back in our bedroom is my lap quilt hoop and half the shelves in that closet holds my fabric stash (hubby has his own closet in the office/guest bedroom) Also if I need to I can take a project basket into our bedroom and work there too. I have a small plastic box that has needles, thread, pincushion and pins on my night stand ... whew I really am all over the house but I do try to keep everything organized.

Yooper32 10-10-2014 04:05 PM

It is inherent. You cannot help it. No guilt! If that fails, "the devil made you do it". What was his name? Way back on tv, he was a black comedienne. He was hilarious.