Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   "Dear Jane" Kitsie's almost total disaster! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dear-jane-kitsies-almost-total-disaster-t231355.html)

Kitsie 09-29-2013 09:11 AM

"Dear Jane" Kitsie's almost total disaster!

1 Attachment(s)
I've been QAYGing my blocks and have 5 or 6 rows done with the 1/2" sashing. Coming along well and to size.
So thought I, time to do some of the triangles. I did a few and was pleased the way the sashing worked with them!
Aha! Play today and see how the triangle border fits with the blocks. WHAT?????!!!!! The triangles are way to big!! No way would they fit. So I decide to trim them down - I trimmed 5 of the "plain" tri's and one of the quilted ones - one of the most intricate of course!

Then it struck my 72 yr old brain - check the picture!!! :( Sure enough, no sashing between the triangles!!!! *sigh* :hunf::thumbdown::o

GRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! So today? - no problem cutting more of the "plain" ones. Then a remake of :

[ATTACH=CONFIG]438690[/ATTACH]

So glad the little nag inside my head poked me now and not when I'd trimmed 49 of them! Hope you all have a wonderful, happy day!

Suze9395 09-29-2013 09:14 AM

Glad you caught it now, and so quickly!

dunster 09-29-2013 09:18 AM

I had just started to think (again) about starting my DJ, until I saw this post of your very intricate block. Nope, I'm not starting it right now. If your 72-year-old brain can still make these stunning and very difficult blocks, you don't need to worry about anything at all.

QuiltE 09-29-2013 09:31 AM

So that's what I heard .... your HUGE sigh of relief!
Thank goodness that you stopped yourself soon enough.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of your progress.
( I need all the inspiration I can get!)

DebraK 09-29-2013 09:31 AM

yikes! close call! I really can't wait to see the finish.

Tartan 09-29-2013 09:50 AM

Oh man, glad you caught it before you trimmed them all!

Lori S 09-29-2013 10:03 AM

WOW was that ever a close call! I would have been crying buckets if I had trimmed them all.

Kitsie 09-29-2013 10:05 AM

Yeah, but I was only 71 then! And they really aren't that difficult! Do it!!

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 6320385)
I had just started to think (again) about starting my DJ, until I saw this post of your very intricate block. Nope, I'm not starting it right now. If your 72-year-old brain can still make these stunning and very difficult blocks, you don't need to worry about anything at all.

QuiltE 09-29-2013 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by Kitsie (Post 6320482)
Yeah, but I was only 71 then! And they really aren't that difficult! Do it!!

Remind me of that "not difficult" when I start pulling my hair out this winter! :)

TrueColors 09-30-2013 05:27 AM

What does QAYGing my blocks mean? The fabric and what you've sewn is very pretty, but what is it? (Besides becoming a quilt of course). What fabric do you attach next to it? We all have those moments of doing something then having to redo what we did, at any age!