Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Dear Jane (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dear-jane-t306426.html)

WendyMcD 08-20-2019 08:14 AM

Dear Jane

3 Attachment(s)
One more quick post then I must fly off to work. Has anyone here made a Dear Jane quilt? Would the more appropriate question be has anyone here not made a DJ?

Here's mine unearthed after 20 years of being packed away.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616398[/ATTACH]
And all the goodies, triangle border is all that remains to be done.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616399[/ATTACH]
At one time I had all the pieces listed and tallied, that's what we did back in the day. On the puter I had a siggie line that had all that info, which has been lost but could be recreated. I went to find the board and I have lost that as well. It's sort of sad getting this old.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]616400[/ATTACH]
My journal from back in the day, it actually has entries of what was happening and shares just how addicted to all of this I was back when.

Part of me can't wait to retire and go into this all full time. I really thought I'd hit 52, children would be adults (youngest was 18) and I'd go off and my my hand appliqued Baltimore Album but all designed by me. Yeah right. Here I am 56 and working hard, well... it's what I love so it's really hard to call it working. I'm a indie dyer and knit wear designer, still expressing my art... just making money from it. Anyway, what I really didn't count on, forget the fact that I wasn't working back then... was that I got so sick. I appliqued all weekend on my Piecemakers 2000 calender quilt and lost my left hand to pain big time. I've got all these ailments and my pills no longer fit into a shoe box but I really need to get off of the Prednisone as it makes me gain weight (lost 45, still another 50 to go). But if I get off of it, I loose my hands to my diseas (SLE). So here I sit in this quandary, hopeful to get back to my lost craft.

Thanks for listening, Wendy
P.S. how do I make a siggie?

bearisgray 08-20-2019 08:22 AM

Your work on your quilt made in the style of Jane A. Stickle is impressive.

Hope that you can feel well enough to continue to work on it.

nativetexan 08-20-2019 08:57 AM

siggy info- go into Settings in upper right side or page. then look on left side, you will see it there. Good luck.. Lovely quilt. I bought the book, pattern and all but never made it.

SuziSew 08-20-2019 08:58 AM

Wendy, your work so far is fantastic! I haven't made one, but it's on my bucket list...of course my bucket is so full I need to upsize to a vat! :o

mic-pa 08-20-2019 10:44 AM

I never made one and have no desire to make one. So nice you have yours and will be working on it. Sorry to hear about you had etc. But I did make a Baltimore Album quilt many years ago and can no longer sew any thing by hand so my applique days and hand quilting days are over. the Golden Yrs are Not what they are cracked up to be.

juliasb 08-20-2019 11:05 AM

I haven't made it yet but have the book and cd. Just another thing on my list.

toverly 08-20-2019 11:50 AM

Wish I could find the book. Love Dear Jane. Your's looks wonderful.

Garden Gnome 08-20-2019 12:37 PM

Your Dear Jane is beautiful. I hope you manage to finish it. So sorry to see you are suffering from SLE. I wonder if doctors are prescribing biologic meds for Lupus? I think I saw it being advertised on TV? If it is an option for you, you may be able to get your meds free directly from the company. My brother does this for RA. Don't give up, girl.

QuiltingVagabond 08-20-2019 01:38 PM

toverly, I just ordered the book from Amazon (3rd party seller). I paid $55 for it which is a lot but maybe not for OOP books. Hope to start mine this fall.

Jingle 08-20-2019 05:40 PM

It will be beautiful when you finish it. Just keep going and moving around.