Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Deb's Sewing room Update.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/debs-sewing-room-update-t107374.html)

charlotte625 03-14-2011 04:41 AM

how close are to KY mine sewing room really could use you.........lol....or maybe someone like you.
it is so easy to sew and let the mess slide...now my slide has become an avalanche. yours looks so good maybe it will strike something in me.........Char

izzybelle 03-14-2011 04:49 AM

you are doing such a wonderful job-inspiring to all! It should make you proud of yourself

sheliab12 03-14-2011 04:52 AM

Good job!! I see you have your sewing machine on a slant. I am thinking of haveing DH make me one. I am short and if i put my chair up to see over the needle I can't reach the peddle plus my feet dangle. I am just average short not as short as some other undertall people. I have tried sitting at the end of the machine and working on FMQ but for some reason it is like working backwards.

grann of 6 03-14-2011 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
Red is my favorite color. Hubby says I need about 20 more shelf units like those. I could not stack them on that wall because of my collections, but the other walls will have stacking ones. Joanieu will be proud. There are two tall units that have doors to hide the smaller boxes of crafts I have. I think having things out of sight looks neater. Now I only have three more corners of the room to finish like that. Got rid of the book shelf Hubby made in high school, lol, it is blue but may turn red. I have paint left. ROFL.

Wow, Deb, you have done a great job! It looks wonderful. I like things out of sight too. I have a teapot collection, a music box collection, and pincushions, all sewing related too. They are scattered around because I don't have enough shelves or wall space for shelves for them all. I think I found a new handyman to help me finish some things that need to be done. He is like a son to me. He is best friends with my middle son and I forgot he did renovations and repairs. He is hurting for work right now so I am going to keep him busy for a while.

lillybeck 03-14-2011 05:07 AM

Beautiful room.

cdobbert40 03-14-2011 05:12 AM

When you have your room finished will you be making yourself available for hiring as a sewing/craft room organizer? I know I could definately use your help.

DirtyPaw 03-14-2011 05:12 AM

I like those peg boards too. They are handy. I want to get a cork board also for my room.

Blinkokr 03-14-2011 05:13 AM

Deb, it look fantastic, God Bless you and all the hard work you have done. It is so nice to get it all straighten out and finding what you are looking for at a glance. I just did thinks to straighten my sewing room out and just love to be organize. My sister-in-law could use your help. Her craft/sewing room is a nightmare. Her and I both always over do it, but she and I have both been sewing for over 50 years and you can really collect alot of stuff.
Ellen

jolo 03-14-2011 05:38 AM

lOOKS gOOD ,OOPS Got my hands on the wrong keys. Had to get up and turn on the light. I envy you all the room you have. My bedroom is also my sewing room. I look like a hoarder with just a trail to the BR. lol. Do have to keep it half way straight and clean tho. Wanted to be with all you guys yesterday but live too far away. Didnt get to go to the Dallas show either. Maybe next year.

Joanieu 03-14-2011 05:44 AM

Oh my Deb I love it - Yes, I am so proud of you... I can not wait to come over and play in your room again. You are doing an awesome job there. Keep up the good work... :)