Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Designer Diamond Machine Owners (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/designer-diamond-machine-owners-t241646.html)

lttrslogo 02-21-2014 05:33 AM

Designer Diamond Machine Owners

Looking for people in East Tennessee area (especially around Knoxville) who have mastered the Designer Diamond embroidering as help is needed. The dealer is not very helpful.

flybreit 02-22-2014 05:26 AM

Originally Posted by lttrslogo (Post 6587552)
Looking for people in East Tennessee area (especially around Knoxville) who have mastered the Designer Diamond embroidering as help is needed. The dealer is not very helpful.

I'm no master, and I'm not in Tn, but if I can help on line I'll be happy to.

velmascats 02-22-2014 09:24 AM

go online and look up Tim Frost - he offers online videos for all areas of this embroidery machine. Success to you.

oldtnquiltinglady 02-22-2014 11:55 AM

Mine is an older Designer I, and having bought it on CL, the HV dealer in Cookeville doesn't have the time to mess with me. If you have anyone answer you, let's try to get together and work on them together. I would love to be able to use this machine to its full extent. I live in middle TN, but would be willing to travel for a day of learning. Knoxville is about 175 miles from here.

MarleneC 02-22-2014 02:31 PM

There is a yahoo group that is for Diamond, Ruby owners. Might do a search for that in the yahoo groups.

digill 02-22-2014 05:15 PM

I have a Diamond and love it. There is great support on the yahoo Viking Gems list. Great people who really have all the answers.

purplefiend 02-22-2014 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by velmascats (Post 6589739)
go online and look up Tim Frost - he offers online videos for all areas of this embroidery machine. Success to you.

His books are wonderful, I learned to use the embroidery machines when I worked for Viking.
Sharon

1bzygma 02-23-2014 04:55 AM

I live in Western Michigan. Bought a Diamond Deluxe last year, but have had Vikings before. Designer 1, Designer SE. I'm fortunate to have an absolutely awesome dealer who does lots of classes, including owners classes. The design positioning component is the best thing about the whole machine. I love it. I'm long distance, but may be able to answer questions.

calla 02-23-2014 08:41 AM

I am in SE Mi have a Designer 1, & SE and 4 D.............are you seeking information on embroidery, software, hooping.......not sure what your seeking........calla

busygranny 02-23-2014 10:35 AM

Could find nothing about a Tim Frost. I have the Topaz 30 and don't know how to use it either. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have so much trouble with the tension issue. It's in for repair more than I have used it. Very disappointed with the machine. Wish I could get my money back but I know that is not possible. So I just struggle along and complain a lot.