Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   DH Doesn't Like My New Quilting Inspectors (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dh-doesnt-like-my-new-quilting-inspectors-t126834.html)

Ps 150 05-30-2011 03:56 PM

I heard some chirps earlier this week and now some pecks in my sewing room ceiling. DH assured me that they were just outside the sewing room, under the eaves, but this morning I saw the dust sifting down from my drop-down ceiling and could distinctly hear the flapping of wings. When DH opened up a tile, there were several crows, just flapping around in the insulation! I resisted the urge to say, "I told you so" and left the room while he fired off bb's into the attic, trying to scare the birds out. They squawked and screamed but we finally saw several leave through the eaves and DH boarded up that section...the joys of buying a home where there was clearly, little disclosure.

And, if that delay in quilting wasn't enough, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't get my gingham checks squared. Some of the fabrics were from a friend but one was a Wal-Mart special. It's just for a baby quilt but I'm generally a perfectionist so it's bothering me quite a bit. :? Time to retreat and do some hand embroidery.

gunny148 05-30-2011 04:00 PM

had to look at that name twice thought it said ps105, lived in brooklin. Was stationed there.

Birds in the ceiling? thats never a good sign

lauriejo 05-30-2011 04:13 PM

Hmmm sounds like my DH, and he would definitely use the BB gun to scare them off! I love the look of gingham but it is a bear to work with, I have a horrible time getting it square.

Jamiestitcher62 05-30-2011 04:17 PM

Been there done that. I have about half a dozen sparrows getting into my house every year. They somehow get into the attic and follow the flue down into the basement and out into my sewing area. I have a butterfly net that I catch them with and let them go. Sometimes they'll be smart enough to fly up the stairs and out the back door without my help.

Ps 150 05-30-2011 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by gunny148
had to look at that name twice thought it said ps105, lived in brooklin. Was stationed there.

Birds in the ceiling? thats never a good sign

I've never been to Brooklyn but I do live in NY...just much further north! :D

Painiacs 05-30-2011 07:24 PM

Thats y I don't work with gingham!

moonwork42029 05-30-2011 07:59 PM

Yikes! At least it was just bb's and he didn't go all commando on you and the birds. Glad you figured it out and got that problem solved.

CloverPatch 05-30-2011 08:15 PM

Never had birds in the ceiling, but squirels and raccoon Yes. Don't envey the mess you are going to have to clean up.

TonnieLoree 05-30-2011 08:19 PM

Luckily he didn't decide to shoot an arrow full of fire crackers into the attic. (Scene similar in the movie "Steele Magnolias, except Tom Skerett fired into a tree.)

Ps 150 05-31-2011 06:33 AM

Originally Posted by TonnieLoree
Luckily he didn't decide to shoot an arrow full of fire crackers into the attic. (Scene similar in the movie "Steele Magnolias, except Tom Skerett fired into a tree.)

I love that movie!!!