Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   DH is TRYING to fix my machine! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/dh-trying-fix-my-machine-t208874.html)

Vanuatu Jill 12-22-2012 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Michellesews (Post 5734603)
I am so sorry to hear of your dilema right at Christmas! I used to live in Ramona...if I still did, I would bring you one of my machines to use. I learned long ago that having a back up machine is a good idea...Walmart has them for less than $100. right now...they might not be the best but they might get you over a tight spot. This time of year, they should be on sale, also. Best of luck to you and let us know how this turns out! I loved Ramona, miss it still. I lived out at the Country Estates but nearly allt he homes around us burned in the Cedar fire and so we decided it was time to move...we moved to Texas and I have regretted that ever since!

I live in Country Estates! Small world! We love it here. Moved here about 3 years ago, bought a house with our 2 sons, and we all live together when DH and I aren't overseas. We just hope there isn't another devastating fire! Back on topic, I just bought another Brother, an XL26001 for $72.49, free shipping! Since I already have a Brother PC420, I figure my extension table and attachments will fit. Price was right and I'll have it next week, so I can take my machine in for a tune up.

yippie 12-22-2012 01:33 PM

I agree with prism99 this happened with my singer along time ago my timing was knocked out needle bent and the teck said my main shaft was bent (that does not normaly happen) so he fixed everything except the shaft for 69.00 (that was a special singer was having anything for $69. so it worked alright. Then a few years later Singer was running another special for $69.00 i took it in for service and the teck went all the way through the machine and rebuilt it and replaced the bent shaft. Hope your hubby can fix it for you

I do agree if you can afford one you should go to walmart if you have one and get a little machine for back up.

happy hollidays yippie

Vanuatu Jill 12-22-2012 01:37 PM

Thanks for all your suggestions! After finishing my purse, then making another jeans bag, I found there were a couple of not-quite-right problems. A couple times the thread cutter didnt cut properly, and it sounds just a bit off, but not enough to prevent me from using it. So, I just ordered from Amazon a Brother XL26001 basic machine for $72.49 with free shipping as a spare. It has 25 stitches and needle threader, free arm, and a few other essentials. It was sure the right price! Once it comes, I will take in my Brother PC420 for servicing. This hopefully this new one will work with my extension table and allow me to sew through thick seams when making purses. The thought of NOT sewing for even a few days doesn't appeal to me!! At least DH got me up and running so I could finish those bags for Xmas!

quiltapillow 12-22-2012 04:08 PM

I had that problem one time; its was bad; but I discoverd I had some how turned the upper stitch length from its proper place; putting it back ; corrected the problem.