Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did anyone on here sign me up for quilting catalogs? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-anyone-here-sign-me-up-quilting-catalogs-t15339.html)

Flying_V_Goddess 01-12-2009 03:56 PM

I've gotten a couple of quilting catalogs I didn't sign up for in the last couple of weeks. Not that I mind. But I'm wondering if someone on here signed me up for them.

sandpat 01-12-2009 04:01 PM

Must be "Big Brother" again...no telling where they got your name really.

Janeen 01-12-2009 04:33 PM

I subscribed to fons and porters magazine which apparently only comes once in two or three years but right after that I started getting catalogs...

butterflywing 01-12-2009 09:12 PM

if you've ever ordered fabric or any mag or catalog online at all related to quilting, you're in someone's mailing list. usually there's an opt-out option near the bottom. the more you get, the more you get.

SulaBug 01-13-2009 12:33 AM

Originally Posted by butterflywing
if you've ever ordered fabric or any mag or catalog online at all related to quilting, you're in someone's mailing list. usually there's an opt-out option near the bottom. the more you get, the more you get.

I have found this to be true also. As for me, no I didn't sign you or anyone up on a mailing list of catalogs.

quiltwoman 01-13-2009 03:36 AM

Have you bought anything on-line or by mail?

Quilter101 01-13-2009 06:07 AM

I signed up for quilters world magazine, not worth the 20$ for me at least, their lumping all the issues together it feels like. I have been getting catalogs and I haven't given my address out or anything. Grrr! I can't figure out where connecting threads and coltide came from...

Rose Marie 01-13-2009 08:25 AM

I started getting Edward R Hamilton bookseller catalogs when I lived in CA.
When I moved to Az. He found me in less than a month. I have moved several times and he always finds me in less than a month. When I ordered a quilting book the next catalog had lots of quilting books in it.
My quilting catalogs have found me too. In fact Im getting one now that I didnt before.
When you buy with credit cards they keep track of what you buy and the stores stock what most people buy that way. But I cant figure out why the stores cant stock the sizes that are most popular. Seems there are lots of super small sizes available but they are always sold out of the most popular sizes.

butterflywing 01-13-2009 10:32 AM

rose marie

i think you must be right about the credit card companies . they probably sell those lists to the appropriate companies.. never thought of that.

retrogirl02 01-13-2009 10:53 AM

loved the F&P comment!! lol. I was disappointed that my first issue took so long to arrive and yes, I too received several catalogs about the same time, quite a while after I joined the board. I have not yet purchased fabrics online, trying to support my lqs to the best of my ability, though!!! I sign up for a newsletter at each of the local shops to be sure I dont' miss anything so there is always fun mail at my house and wish lists, too. :D