Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   did anyone watch Martha Stewart today? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-anyone-watch-martha-stewart-today-t83082.html)

Hosta 12-15-2010 03:10 PM

They were making Christmas stocking and using a template to make a pattern on velvet. It was quite pretty but I was interested in the iron she was using. I was quite surprised to see her using a Singer as this company has a reputation for less than stellar quality of their sewing machines. I read some of the reviews of the iron and they look pretty good and the price on Amazon isn't bad has anyone tried this iron?

Sadiemae 12-15-2010 03:12 PM

Sounds interesting, but I don't watch her.

Cyn 12-15-2010 03:13 PM

I tape it but haven't watched it yet. I have several irons and they all do very well with a plastic cover thingy that stops burns. I never put water in mine either.

lilithcat 12-15-2010 03:14 PM

Martha Stewart is the Singer spokesperson. She gets paid to use their products.

That said however, my experiences with Singer in the last few years have been good. I know they got a bad reputation for shoddy products over the last 20 years but it seems to me they're getting better.

quiltbugs 12-15-2010 03:15 PM

Martha Stewart and Singer have some kind of affilliation - - I think there is some craft contest sponsored by Martha and Singer, so they are connected somehow, and they probably sponsor her show.

Can't vouch for the quality of a Singer iron, never used one, but I love their scissors (pink handled ones, best scissors I ever bought).

Candace 12-15-2010 03:23 PM

I've learned long ago, that just because someone on t.v. is using a product, it means squat. They're being paid to use it. I wish advertisers would pay me! :-)

pstoner 12-15-2010 06:36 PM

I have to say, I don't watch her, but on the Singer products, I have used them all of my life and all of them have lasted many years, usually I have only replaced one when i wanted different options that my current one didn't have.

CarrieAnne 12-15-2010 06:53 PM

I wanted to watch, and had to work!

retired2pa 12-15-2010 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by Hosta
They were making Christmas stocking and using a template to make a pattern on velvet. It was quite pretty but I was interested in the iron she was using. I was quite surprised to see her using a Singer as this company has a reputation for less than stellar quality of their sewing machines. I read some of the reviews of the iron and they look pretty good and the price on Amazon isn't bad has anyone tried this iron?

Can you post the link for this iron at Amazon? :)

quiltmaker 12-16-2010 08:28 AM

Originally Posted by Candace
I've learned long ago, that just because someone on t.v. is using a product, it means squat. They're being paid to use it. I wish advertisers would pay me! :-)

Isn't that the truth....people can be so swayed by someone on TV....it really amazes me. Plus, I cannot stand Martha Stewart!