Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you ever spend a large sum of $$$ and then ask yourself why? lol (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-ever-spend-large-sum-%24%24%24-then-ask-yourself-why-lol-t159763.html)

BKrenning 10-11-2011 07:18 PM

You seem to have purchased an extreme amount of fabric to make 1 bag. If your jelly rolls have the normal 40 strips in them--that is more than 2 yards and you mention a floral and a solid one. Then some kind of fat quarter pack and you seem to have purchased 5 of those. 6 fat quarters is 1.5 yards and if you bought 5 of them, that's another 7.5 yards in addition to the 4.5+ yards from the jelly rolls so you're going to be making bags for a long, long time--LOL.

MamaO2011 10-11-2011 07:21 PM

I had buyer's remorse after I bought my machine. But I got it at 50% off, and every time I see fabric and get an idea for a project or see something that needs mending, I know I made an investment and get over it!

BETTY62 10-11-2011 07:25 PM

Yes, I have been surprised at check out more times than I want to admit. I also know that a lot of times I can buy gifts cheaper than some of the ones I make for friends/family, however, the home made gifts are made with love while the purchased ones are made by a stranger.

Dolphyngyrl 10-11-2011 07:59 PM

yep, that's how much my favorite bag cost me, so when people ask for one I tell them to cough up 120 dollars and they shut up about it

Painiacs 10-11-2011 07:59 PM

I do it at fabric store and grocery store!! I hate shopping sometimes! Especially when DH says how much did u spend? Lol

NanaCsews2 10-11-2011 08:13 PM

Been there done that!! Only $96...? I can do that in 15 min at my favorite LQS. Couple times a month. Shame of it all...lol Bet the bag will be lovely and grand!

sewingsuz 10-11-2011 08:20 PM

I don't even go into the fabric stores anymore because I have one right here in my house and patterns and ribbon and lots of stuff. So I just stay out of the store. Gas and grocerys are enough at this point,

Rhaorth 10-11-2011 09:29 PM

daydreams about how much she could buy at a thrift store for 96 dollars hehe

I can not say I have done that, have not actually purchased from a quilt store (yet)... thrift or walmart (and walmart is the remnants bin) I is cheap, can't afford anything else.

leatheflea 10-12-2011 02:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rhaorth
daydreams about how much she could buy at a thrift store for 96 dollars hehe

I can not say I have done that, have not actually purchased from a quilt store (yet)... thrift or walmart (and walmart is the remnants bin) I is cheap, can't afford anything else.

Went to the goodwill with my mom this week, I was looking at mens shirts, she asks " are you buying dh a shirt or are you quilting?"....LOL...She knows me to well!

mic-pa 10-12-2011 03:11 AM

Yes, when I purchased my machine I was expecting to spend that much, however, I started picking up things to go with it plus fabric (I was in a quilt shop) and when everything was added up I had sticker shock. However I am worth it every once in a while. Don't do that very often. But I also have an enabler, my DH bless his heart