Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you hear me hit the wall? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-hear-me-hit-wall-t171966.html)

QuiltingGrannie 12-13-2011 07:51 PM

I was about to hit the wall, then decided the heck with it. What gets done, gets done. Since then I've gotten a lot more done! I just put my DH's quilt on the longarm frame to quilt. Try to do THAT and get it quilted when he's not paying attention to what I have on the LA working on. He knows I don't have any customer work on there....
My DD is getting an IOU as she wants wall hanging for every season next year. So I get to give hers to her all year long as I'm getting them done. The rest are done, and wrapped or shipped out already. I only have three total days off work until Christmas, so time is short.
Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie
Quilter's Pantry

deedum 12-13-2011 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by BETTY62 (Post 4779443)
Next year I'm starting Christmas gifts in January, just like I had planned to do this year. Or maybe I can just finish this years and give for next years gifts and be ahead....

That is my plan too, let's do it! January 2012 Attacking it!

Snoflak 12-13-2011 08:04 PM

wow! am i glad i found this post! if i didn't know better, i'd think ya'll are talking about ME!!! lol I just started a large quilt on Saturday for my son for Christmas.... I almost have the top completed so I figure it's all down-hill from here! lol

Tartan 12-13-2011 08:37 PM

Why do we always do this to ourselves? WHY?:D

Grace creates 12-13-2011 08:53 PM

That was how I sounded two years ago. I was making quilted Christmas stocking in a crazy quilt design. I planned on making one for each of my grown children and their mates and my granddaughter. Well I only made one and it even had a decent flaw. That took me two weeks. Well the following year I said my prayer before beginning and I was then able to make one per night and they came out really nice. So I learned I have to say my prayer and give credit to God and then it all flows so well.

Jennie and Me 12-13-2011 08:53 PM

Every year my quilting buddies and I say that we are going to start on Christmas presents in January and somehow or other it never happens. So, like everybody else I am wishing that I had at least another two weeks to get things done. My intentions are always good but you know what they say about good intentions. Sigh!

GrannieAnnie 12-13-2011 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 4779368)
Thought I had all the time, ambition and inspiration needed this year to make Christmas gifts for all my friends. Started in early October. I'm so burned out and exhausted from my "second" job of sewing or knitting in one way, shape or form every night. Nothing finishing up as quickly as I'd like and now the machine is acting up on a regular basis. It's probably as stressed out as I am so I can't fault the poor thing, although I've threatened it with some pretty vile language just tonight. The end is in sight if I don't flip out first. If I even begin to feel this ambitious towards Christmas 2012, someone please just kick me in the butt. Thanks for letting me vent and I'm certain I'm not the only one feeling like this.

my older DD was helping me with some pilowcases the other day. She was ironing and I was sewing. My machine did every stupid thing it could do. Plus a few of my own mistakes. @@

SOMEONE PLEASE SEND OUT A MEMO ABOUT SEPT. 1 that we don't have to make every gift we give.

PLEASE!

SouthPStitches 12-14-2011 03:54 PM

Actually it gets better. After venting on QB I went back to sewing last night. Once again, my machine "Sir-Chugs-Alot" gave me attitude. I was sputtering like a sailor and husband walks by and had the cajones to say "you know, you bring this on yourself". I will file that little morsel away and bring it back around some day when his latest project isn't all moonlight and roses. Gotta love him, someone needs to! Happy to report that the lap quilt binding went on so slick tonight. My faith is sewing is restored some. In the meantime, I will be stopping at the wine store tomorrow night in case I need to call in the reinforcement before all these gifts are done. Nice to know there are dents in the proverbial wall besides my own.

nhweaver 12-14-2011 04:05 PM

I heard the thump, thought my DH fell off the couch!! Heck, finish what you can, give IOU's, or finish them for birthdays. Your sewing machine is telling you something, listen to it, take it easy, sewing is supposed to be our fun!!

Originally Posted by SouthPStitches (Post 4779368)
Thought I had all the time, ambition and inspiration needed this year to make Christmas gifts for all my friends. Started in early October. I'm so burned out and exhausted from my "second" job of sewing or knitting in one way, shape or form every night. Nothing finishing up as quickly as I'd like and now the machine is acting up on a regular basis. It's probably as stressed out as I am so I can't fault the poor thing, although I've threatened it with some pretty vile language just tonight. The end is in sight if I don't flip out first. If I even begin to feel this ambitious towards Christmas 2012, someone please just kick me in the butt. Thanks for letting me vent and I'm certain I'm not the only one feeling like this.

Arleners 12-14-2011 04:07 PM

I feel your pain. I am only working on two projects, and am behind in my personal deadline and am starting to freak. One quilt is for an acquatance that offerred to pay me to make a quilt for his girlfriend. He is pleased with what I have so far, but his expectations are so high and he is so nervous about every step that it's making me a wreck. My husband calls him my personal stalker. Hopefully just a few more days and I will be done.