Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did you sew/quilt Christmas gifts this year? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-you-sew-quilt-christmas-gifts-year-t173653.html)

GreatStarter 12-29-2011 07:59 PM

Due to first my embroidery/main sewing machine breaking down. Then my catching a rotten bug for whole month of December I didn't get any quilts completed. Instead I made my two little granddaughters both purses, and super-princess capes. They went over better than any quilt ever did.
My goal for Christmas 2012 is to make both granddaughters Christmas quilts for their beds-to be given Dec 1st. And if I do really well might even get my hubby a quilt made in secret for next year. Wish me luck.

Kat

sewnsewer2 12-29-2011 09:04 PM

I monogramed towels, embroidered aprons, made a runner and some pillowcases too!

ssnare 12-29-2011 09:19 PM

I made 12 pot holders, 6 pillowcases, 3 wall hangings, mug rugs, 7 bed warmers, 3 shoulder cozys, a pin cushion,and a baby quilt. Whew, now I can work on things I want to work on for myself. LOL.

pdunn56 12-29-2011 09:47 PM

I was busy..for gifts I made a chenille baby quilt, a crayon wrapped caddy, 4 teabag carriers, 6 table runners, 2 coffee cup cozies, a gift card holder and 2 sets of serged napkins and coasters. for myself, I also made a fabric microwave bowl holder, 2 table runners, 2 square table toppers and a set of seat belt covers. And with my new serger I made a bread basket liner and a polyester scarf with rolled hems. I got to try out lots of crafts that were on my to do list. Had a lot of fun and everyone was appreciative.

Jan Rutherford 12-29-2011 09:54 PM

I didn't keep track of all i made for CHRISTMAS gifts, but I do know I made pillowcases for a friends college son and 21 yr. old son and they were THRILLEd to receive something someone made just for them! Several females in the family and friends received cut ilttle cosmetic bags to. They were fun to make and appreciated. My Hands are sure hurting and the sewing room has been cleaned up....NOW FOR working on a ME project!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR everyone!

lovequilter 12-29-2011 09:58 PM

I was a very busy Christmas Elf, I made and gave away 30 Microwave steamer bags (some to complete strangers), 10 place mats ( embroidered with my sister's grandchildren's names), 4 quilted children's books and 5 throw sized quilts. I feel good because I helped make Christmas Happy for many people.

QuiltnLady1 12-29-2011 10:07 PM

I made pillowcases for DGS -- Christmas fabrics (2-Thomas, and a wonky reindeer). I have some things to get started that I menat to make and ran out of time -- we may be stringing out Christmas. I also forgot where I hid something and have not been able to find the matching outfits for the boys. Sigh -- hopefully I find them before they out grow them.

hobo2000 12-29-2011 10:41 PM

I made four quilt, had them piled under the tree. Everyone looked and oohed &aahed wondering who was the receiver. In the end I called up three DGD's and let the oldest pick first. They were delighted.

Pepita 12-29-2011 11:26 PM

hI made lots of placemats. I used hand dyed fabric that was some of the first I have done, and made the front out of fabric that I made gel. monoprinting-and embellishing cut up and sewn together. Feed back has been good.

gzuslivz 12-29-2011 11:32 PM

I made a purse for my mom and a couple of wall hangings. I really intended to do more, but ended up having surgery on Dec 12th. So, maybe I'll finish them up for next year:-)