Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Did YOUR stocking arrive? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/did-your-stocking-arrive-t96899.html)

Simple Pleasure 02-05-2011 06:45 AM

In mid December, Jan Patek Quilts offered a giveaway for a day of a Moda Liberty Stocking for 1-cent(she actually wanted it to be free but the computer program wouldn't accept that). I believe she made the offer again in late December/Early January, as there were many stockings left. To date, I still don't have this cute little stocking, despite many attempts at communication. Did anyone else have a problem?
Busy Hands...Happy Heart
Patricia

patricej 02-05-2011 10:44 AM

you paid a penny?

sorry ... doesn't sound like a "problem".

Simple Pleasure 02-05-2011 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by PatriceJ
you paid a penny?

sorry ... doesn't sound like a "problem".

I guess I am not being clear...I'm frustrated by the apparent lack of follow through on a simple giveaway...I've not ordered from this site before and it, therefore, leaves me skeptical.

Raggiemom 02-05-2011 12:26 PM

I've never heard of this store. Maybe they're so busy from filling the stocking requests? But they still should contact you and let you know where you stand.

patricej 02-05-2011 02:14 PM

true enough. failure to respond to inquiries is not a good business practice.

can we assume you have tried phone calls? can you tell us what their reason was for the delay when you called?

i see they are on Face Book. are you able to post something on their page? if you can and haven't, that might work. it ought to at least catch their attention.

odd ... i couldn't find a snail mail address. :hunf:

Simple Pleasure 02-05-2011 02:55 PM

true enough. failure to respond to inquiries is not a good business practice.

can we assume you have tried phone calls? can you tell us what their reason was for the delay when you called?

i see they are on Face Book. are you able to post something on their page? if you can and haven't, that might work. it ought to at least catch their attention.

odd ... i couldn't find a snail mail address. :hunf:

My contacts has been solely through email. The owner is sorry for the problem and defers to the gal in charge of filling orders. I am not involved with Facebook. I have not also called because I don't wish to appear petty, over a free item. I posted on The Board as a curiosity, to see if others were having a similar experience.

Lostn51 02-05-2011 03:24 PM

Well you get a penny from 30,000 quilters that is a free $300 and who is going to press charges against someone for a penny.......

Billy

patricej 02-06-2011 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by Lostn51
Well you get a penny from 30,000 quilters that is a free $300 and who is going to press charges against someone for a penny.......

Billy

Billy

i don't think she's planning to press charges. :lol:

besides, i don't see any indication here that the business is trying to make a killing by cheating their customers one cent at a time. a bit of logic, please.

i totally relate to your position regarding Face Book. so, we can strike that as an option. :lol:

this topic doesn't seem to be generating any "me too" comments, so it looks like you are among some unknown number of unlucky folks who are still waiting. we can only hope that you get it in time for xmas 2011. :lol:

whether or not a phone call would be petty depends entirely on the angle from which you view the question.

on one hand, the stocking would/will be virtually free, so some might think ... no big deal.

on the other hand, merchant inefficiency is a factor to consider before spending money.

i'm a bit on the stubborn and pushy side. (a big surprise to all of you, i'm sure. :lol: )

i would probably call them. i'd be very nice about it, but explain my disappointment. i would be helpful and point out that i now hesitate to actually order anything. i would encourage them to consider that all others who are still waiting might be coming to the same conclusion. i wouldn't be calling to complain. i'd just be calling to offer advice from a customer point of view so they can prevent any long-term problems from this little glitch.

what attracts bees? or - in this case - stockings?

or flies? again - a question of perspective. :lol:

Lostn51 02-06-2011 11:28 AM

Billy

I don't think she's planning to press charges. :lol:

besides, i don't see any indication here that the business is trying to make a killing by cheating their customers one cent at a time. a bit of logic, please.

Oh I know but there was a guy that hacked into several major banks servers several years back and took only a .9th of a cent per transaction and sent it to an off shore bank, and did this on the days that the social security deposits were being made. The customer would never miss it and the banks would not notice until audit time.

He snatched over $10,000,000 in so many months and the only way he was caught was the guy that helped him design the program was bragging about it. Pretty scary stuff if you ask me.

Billy

patricej 02-06-2011 01:27 PM

this is not that.

chill. :lol: