Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Digital magazine Quilters World question (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/digital-magazine-quilters-world-question-t157771.html)

karensue 10-03-2011 02:21 PM

HI
I got an email offer for 3 years of past issues vial internet, and 1 year of current magazine for the Quilter's World magazine.

I called for more info and was told that you can't download any of these to your computer for future reference. The lady said that you can print out pages, but cannot save the issues via computer.

When I looked at past topics on this board I saw where some ladies said that they DID download Quilters World. Now I am totally confused.

I'd like to try digital - but if I have to print out anything right away, I don't see where I am saving.

Any comments or suggestions pleae.

Karen

fabric_fancy 10-03-2011 02:23 PM

you're allowed to download the person was misinformed.

when you look at the issue there's a huge button asking if you want to download the issue to your computer.

if they didn't want you to do that they wouldn't put a big button allowing that feature.

karensue 10-03-2011 02:25 PM

That sounds good - was this recently? I am wondering if this is a new policy since I just called an hour ago??

If you buy the figital subscription you also get 3 years past issues, do you think that I would still be able to download them?

I really do want to try this, just don't want to get burnt?

Thanks
karen

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
you're allowed to download the person was misinformed.

when you look at the issue there's a huge button asking if you want to download the issue to your computer.

if they didn't want you to do that they wouldn't put a big button allowing that feature.

Ginaky 10-03-2011 02:32 PM

I subscribed a couple of years ago and was able to download and save all of the back issues, and I save all the new issues. I just renewed my subscription for two more years.

dakotamaid 10-03-2011 06:18 PM

Originally Posted by Ginaky
I subscribed a couple of years ago and was able to download and save all of the back issues, and I save all the new issues. I just renewed my subscription for two more years.

Ditto, download all the issues!

DonnaC 10-03-2011 06:48 PM

I used to be a digital subscriber and have all the issues downloaded... it shouldn't be a problem.

Quilty-Louise 10-03-2011 07:11 PM

I have been a digital and print subscriber almost
from the beginning of my quilting. I have downloaded
every issue starting with the Feb 2006.

BarbaraA 10-03-2011 07:20 PM

I recently subscribed. Have the PDFs on my iPad!

Maggiem 10-03-2011 08:12 PM

I've just subscribed and yes, you can download the issues to your computer. I've just downloaded the current issue and the earliest archive one.

karensue 10-04-2011 04:45 AM

Thank You Everyone
I now feel better about subscribing to the Quilter's World. Will do it later today.
Amazing isn't it that this group can know more than the people selling the item. THANKS again.
karen

Originally Posted by Maggiem
I've just subscribed and yes, you can download the issues to your computer. I've just downloaded the current issue and the earliest archive one.