Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Digital Magazines (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/digital-magazines-t237966.html)

ArlaJo 01-02-2014 11:57 AM

Digital Magazines

I bought a digital quilt magazine. Now I want to take the patterns I want out and toss the rest but it won't allow me to cut things out. So does anyone know how I can do this?

Sandygirl 01-02-2014 07:42 PM

Print the pages.
Sandy

crocee 01-02-2014 07:51 PM

Can you do a save page for the individual pages?

RST 01-02-2014 09:09 PM

Why do you need to / want to toss it? Does it take too much memory on your reader or computer? Can you load it onto a memory stick to make space?

MacThayer 01-02-2014 09:59 PM

I don't like digital magazines for exactly that reason. When I want to "thin it out" and free up some of my disc space, I have to print out anything I want to keep (Oh, now that's an easy​ choice, ha, ha, ha. . .)Plus my printer is black and white, so I lose all of the colors in the article I want to print. For that reason, I'm sticking with real, printed magazines!

ArlaJo 01-03-2014 04:56 AM

RTS I think my main reason is because I hate going thru the ads, same reason I cut magazine items out that I want. I bought a thumb drive just for magazines. I was hoping to get rid of the ads and save the rest.

Rose Marie 01-03-2014 06:26 AM

I will stick with hard copy mags. as I love to browse them once in a while from my easy chair. After a few years its like having a brand new mag. Plus my tastes change also.

BellaBoo 01-03-2014 07:24 AM

I don't understand why you download the magazine to your computer. Read it online. You can read it anytime you want. I print out the pattern pages or save them as a pdf. That option should be in your print selection window when you select print. Not from the magazine options, your computer print options. Mine is under destination change.

romanojg 01-05-2014 07:18 AM

See, I have the Nook tablet which allows me to scrapbook any book or magazine. I don't do it because they don't take up that much room but its nice to know if I ever wanted to organize things I wanted to refer back to later it would be an easy thing to do. I stopped getting mags at home because Im working hard on decluttering.

Prism99 01-05-2014 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by ArlaJo (Post 6488444)
I bought a digital quilt magazine. Now I want to take the patterns I want out and toss the rest but it won't allow me to cut things out. So does anyone know how I can do this?

Which magazine is it? Different quilting magazines use different digital delivery systems, and some are more versatile than others. If you can "print" from the magazine, you might want to try CutePDFWriter (you print to it). This creates a PDF you can save to your hard disc. I haven't tried it, but I'm assuming you can edit a PDF. This might allow you to toss what you don't want to print.