Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Directions for Frames quilt (my avy) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/directions-frames-quilt-my-avy-t41349.html)

raptureready 03-31-2010 05:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
So many of you have asked for the instructions for the quilt on my avatar that I'm going to do them on here for anyone to read.

First of all, I absolutely HAD to use a design board or wall.
Secondly, I was stash busting and just cut. I have no idea how much fabric I used.
My quilt had 20 16 1/2" blocks plus a white border and then a 6 1/2" border from left over strips
But knowing all that, have a good time if you decide to do this quilt. AND, I want to see pictures. ;-)

White: five 3 1/2" squares, four 3 1/2"x7 1/2" strips per block.
Colors: 2"x width of fabric then sew two together
cut into 3 1/2"x 6 1/2" and 3 1/2"x 12 1/2" strips
You will need one of each cut in 4 different colors per block.

I sewed the four outer (white sq, colored strip and white strip) sections together then attached them to the center square. Then I squared it up to 16 1/2". Pressing as I went was a must for me also as was pinning when I attached the blocks together. I attached them as I went to keep from getting them mixed up. When I finished the second strip I attached it to the first. If you have any questions just pm me.
Once you get going it goes pretty fast, I think I pieced this top in 10 days. :D I hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

I was going to do a tute but I don't have time right now and several of you wanted to get started so. . . . .

DebraK 03-31-2010 05:28 PM

it's a really cool quilt.

SaraSewing 03-31-2010 05:31 PM

Thank you for sharing your photo and directions. The coolest thing is that you did it scrappy.

dakotamaid 03-31-2010 05:35 PM

If you will do a tute I'll pay in fat quarters. Name your colors. I'm a "show me" type gal!! :-D :-D

amma 03-31-2010 05:36 PM

Thank you for sharing this with us!!! :D:D:D
I love this quilt!!!

raptureready 03-31-2010 05:38 PM

thank you. I've been typing the directions about 3 or 4 times a day to people who've pm'd me and ask if I would mind sharing. I don't mind at all but I wasn't having time for much else so I decided just to post it on it's own thread. I really feel honored that so many people like it and I enjoyed doing it so much, I hope others will enjoy it like I did.

raptureready 03-31-2010 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by dakotamaid
If you will do a tute I'll pay in fat quarters. Name your colors. I'm a "show me" type gal!! :-D :-D

I have so much fabric it will take two more life times at least to use it up.
:lol:
It's time I need. I can't possibly do a tute until the end of April or the first part of May. There were several that wanted to get started on it so I did this for now. You don't need to send any fabric. I'll do one as soon as I can.

dakotamaid 03-31-2010 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by raptureready

Originally Posted by dakotamaid

I have so much fabric it will take two more life times at least to use it up.
:lol:
It's time I need. I can't possibly do a tute until the end of April or the first part of May. There were several that wanted to get started on it so I did this for now. You don't need to send any fabric. I'll do one as soon as I can.

That time frame will be great, I have a busy spring! Weddings, yard work, etc! Bless your heart.

LucyInTheSky 03-31-2010 08:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by raptureready
White: five 3 1/2" squares, four 3 1/2"x7 1/2" strips per block.
Colors: 2"x width of fabric then sew two together
cut into 3 1/2"x 6 1/2" and 3 1/2"x 12 1/2" strips
You will need one of each cut in 4 different colors per block.

I sewed the four outer (white sq, colored strip and white strip) sections together then attached them to the center square. Then I squared it up to 16 1/2".

I'm trying to wrap my head around this.

I did a light black line around where the 16" block is - is that right?

And then a did darker lines where I *think* the pieces are that make up the block, the 4 outer. Is that right?

Jois 03-31-2010 08:52 PM

Wow, raptureready, that is a beauty and I can see how you would want that design board or wall. I think I'd end up with a few nice scrap baby quilts. I enjoyed just looking at it!

Jois