Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Disappointed in current sewing project (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/disappointed-current-sewing-project-t151600.html)

Xstitshmom 09-09-2011 08:49 AM

Yep, happens to me from time to time.

irishrose 09-09-2011 08:50 AM

Post a picture, please. Quilts often don't meet our expectations when they are in that stage. I'd finish it before I passed judgement. What is the pattern? Maybe it needs sashing strips or to be on point or both. One of my favorite quilts looked too busy until I used sashing and set it on point.

Raggiemom 09-09-2011 09:01 AM

I like the first picture better. If you really hate the project, you could always try to sell it on here. I'm trying not to let UFOs accumulate any longer. I had several to start the year and caught up in March. I do have 2 quilts waiting to be quilted but I'm waiting for my new sewing desk before I do them!

collydolly 09-09-2011 09:01 AM

I'll figure out this board sooner or later! I posted the pictures and forgot the add the border in. It's wide, about 6 inches and it's a dark brown with large flowers, pink, green and yellow. (Thanks for all your responses, I really appreciate the support!)

AFQSinc 09-09-2011 09:03 AM

I have two projects like that right now. One is queen size that was initially intended to be a Christmas present for my sister-in-law. I bought fabric for that quilt 3 times. The second set of fabric I finished the top and it was just awful. I am going to donate the top and backing to a group that can finish it and give it to someone who needs it.

Maybe you can finish it and donate it. Then it isn't a waste, you'll learn, and someone that can use a quilt will get something that can give them comfort.

ETA: I love the second one! That little pop of the darker color really brings it alive!

PurplePassion 09-09-2011 09:04 AM

I like the first picture better, or try a lighter shade of pink to match the quilt. You could always finish it and donate it to a charity.

Theresa 09-09-2011 09:08 AM

I REALLY like the first picture. You are well on your way to being a great quilter...have patience!

Also, I tend to get "tired" of a quilt I'm working on. I think it's because In my mind I want to get going on the next project. Will only allow 4 UFO's to accumulate! :-)

Monika 09-09-2011 09:13 AM

I like it!!! (the first one)

sharkee 09-09-2011 09:14 AM

I like them both and I think it looks very nice and if you really don't like it you can send it to me. LOL

Kappy 09-09-2011 09:17 AM

Originally Posted by collydolly
I wondered if anyone else has ever been disappointed in a project they were working on? I'm fairly new to quilting and to the board (I read it every day!) I started a quilt with fabric that has been in my stash for awhile. I thought it was a no brainer because all the fabric came from one line and co-ordinates nicely. I have all the blocks made and spread it out on the floor and I don't like it at all! I thought it might be the color of the setting triangles around the outside edge so I went and bought new fabric for that and replaced them but I still don't like it. There's just something about it and I can't quite put my finger on it. Now I don't even want to finish sewing it together. I want to move on to my next quilt but feel guilty about wasting fabric and leaving it unfinished.

Oh I think we all have em!!! This said, I see nothing but "nice" in your quilt. I like the first option and maybe a small border of the dark color just to give it a little "pop", and then another border or two...but that's just my opinion. I think you've done a good job!