Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Display Baby Shower (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/display-baby-shower-t317717.html)

copehome 03-06-2022 12:10 PM

Display Baby Shower

I've been invited to a Display Baby Shower - they ask that the gifts NOT be wrapped. Any ideas how to "display" the baby quilt I've made? I admit I've always liked watching the opening of the gifts!! If I bundle it up & tie with a ribbon, the quilt pattern won't be seen and that is a little disappointing.

Quiltwoman44 03-06-2022 12:49 PM

that is new to me too! Hmmmm, wrap the quilt around your shoulders!!! that should do it.

ptquilts 03-06-2022 01:02 PM

I would want to make sure the quilt doesn't get used as a table covering for the table where they display all the gifts. I guess just bring it as is, sounds like someone will be displaying the gifts somewhere? Or is everyone going to just hold the gifts and then give them to the mom-to-be?

bearisgray 03-06-2022 02:34 PM

I, too, am wondering how this will go.

Tartan 03-06-2022 02:51 PM

I would fold in such a way as one block is in the front and tie a ribbon around it to keep it folded. You could also include a full quilt photo attached to the ribbon.

SusieQOH 03-06-2022 03:26 PM

I was thinking along the same line as Tartan. Also- nobody can spread it out that way.

GingerK 03-06-2022 03:45 PM

Is this because of Covid protocols? Will you actually be attending the shower or will it be on Zoom and then the gifts delivered later? I like the idea of tying the rolled up quilt with a ribbon and attaching a photo. I have never heard of a 'display shower'. Please share with us after the event.

Terry in the ADK 03-06-2022 04:21 PM

I have heard of these happening lately. It seems due to the amount of time taking the wrapping off and then looking at the gift and admiring it and then passing it around takes a long time. By displaying them, you can still enjoy them. At first I didn’t like idea but the more I thought about it, I think it takes the emphasis off the gifts and puts it on the future baby and their mother ( or the blushing bride) where I think it belongs.
Although we all like to have our quilts admired, hopefully the quilter/shower guest will see it being used and admired once the baby arrives ( or the marriage happens, whichever comes first) lol

Terry in the ADK 03-06-2022 04:22 PM

[/QUOTE]I have heard of these happening lately. It seems due to the amount of time taking the wrapping off and then looking at the gift and admiring it and then passing it around takes a long time. By displaying them, you can still enjoy them. At first I didn’t like idea but the more I thought about it, I think it takes the emphasis off the gifts and puts it on the future baby and their mother ( or the blushing bride) where I think it belongs.
Although we all like to have our quilts admired, hopefully the quilter/shower guest will see it being used and admired once the baby arrives ( or the marriage happens, whichever comes first) lol

QuiltE 03-06-2022 05:50 PM

Ditto to the others ... have never heard of such, and hope you will share us more details as to how it all happens, once you know, too.

Another idea ... of course, depends on the quilt design you have chosen ... roll or fold the quilt and tie with a ribbon. Then attach a single block from the quilt done as a mini quilt that could be used as a mug rug, vase mat or whatever. That way you know your quilt will be "cared for" til it gets home, and everyone at the shower can get a peek of it with the single block quilt.