Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do any of you get monthly Subscription boxes? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-any-you-get-monthly-subscription-boxes-t300804.html)

charismah 11-09-2018 02:28 PM

Do any of you get monthly Subscription boxes?

I have seen several of those monthly/quarterly subscription boxes. I am wondering if any of you get them? Which ones and if you think it's worth it? Do you have pictures of any of them to share?

SusieQOH 11-09-2018 02:47 PM

C, I get the Sew Sampler and so far it's been fun. I don't know if I'll subscribe for a long time though. It's a good value in my opinion but I haven't liked any of the patterns and some of the fabric, although I love some of it and have gotten other things I can use.
If you go to Youtube they have a reveal every month. I don't have any of the boxes intact so I can't take a pic. My sewing room is such a disaster right now :D

tallchick 11-09-2018 02:58 PM

I used to subscribe to the sew sampler box from Fat Quarter Shop, And I would say that I liked maybe 50% of what I got, and stopped my subscription. The value is fantastic for what you get, but I do have a box of items I will never use that I need to post in the freebie section, nice items but not things I would use. If you like little treats in the mail then you will love the one from the Fat Quarter Shop.

PamelaOry 11-09-2018 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by tallchick (Post 8158606)
I used to subscribe to the sew sampler box from Fat Quarter Shop, And I would say that I liked maybe 50% of what I got, and stopped my subscription. The value is fantastic for what you get, but I do have a box of items I will never use that I need to post in the freebie section, nice items but not things I would use. If you like little treats in the mail then you will love the one from the Fat Quarter Shop.

i use the items that are duplicates for me in the secret pal swap sometimes if they fit with what a person wants/likes.

ive subscribed to several and have the most fun with the quilters candy box and the sew sampler. I wasn’t as thrilled with quiltybox. That being said, a lot of it boils down to your taste in fabric and how well that meshes with the style of the box. I did patchwork parcel for a while too and enjoy their everything-you-need-for-a-completed-small-project style.

Teen 11-09-2018 06:34 PM

I was just looking into doing this, too. I found a bunch of youtubes of quilter's who filmed themselves opening their subscription boxes. If you do a search for either Sew Sampler or Quiltybox, you'll see first hand what this year's boxes have contained. I need to wait until I move to start one but I'm leaning toward Quiltybox, if I decide to join.

jmoore 11-10-2018 04:02 AM

I have not signed up for a subscription box yet...I think they are a great idea if you like the Quilt Along being offered or need some inspirations... I just need to use up some of the fabric I have first. LOL

luvstoquilt301 11-10-2018 06:54 AM

I just signed up for The Little Figs one. It comes out 4 times a year. I like all things Fig Tree so I think it will be fun. These go quickly and I am not sure if they are still available.

PamelaOry 11-10-2018 08:59 AM

Oh yeah, I have this one although I didn’t renew it. I love their fabric but haven’t really clicked with her patterns yet. They look lovely, just seem a bit over my head for me. She does send out an adorable little box with a project.

Originally Posted by luvstoquilt301 (Post 8158924)
I just signed up for The Little Figs one. It comes out 4 times a year. I like all things Fig Tree so I think it will be fun. These go quickly and I am not sure if they are still available.

jclinganrey 11-10-2018 09:08 AM

I used to get the Quilty Box and most of what I received was very modern which is generally not my style. I got a few patterns I liked and pretty much anything else I knew I wasn't going to use, I re-gifted.

Be careful about auto-renewals!!! I originally signed up for 6 months & didn't adjust my subscription so I ended up with a year long subscription.

If you search the name & click on images, you'll see pictures of various boxes.

Batik 54 11-10-2018 11:21 AM

I have done the Mr. B's Club with Bernatex. It is usually a charm pack, sometimes fat quarter and charm pack of a new line that is coming out. It comes with a newsletter with a pattern and information about new fabric lines. It is rather inexpensive and I have continued to renew. It is fine to find a surprise in my mail box. I have done it for about six years.