Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do "Real Quilters" Do This? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-real-quilters-do-t192547.html)

JudyTheSewer 06-23-2012 10:12 AM

Yes, yes, and yes! And, another symptom is that when you are buying a new house, a place for sewing is at the top of the priority list (it is much more important than the kitchen). And this must be a place where the door can be closed so that "neat-freak" hubby isn't affected by seeing the mess inside! The rest of the house should be usable.

jcrow 06-23-2012 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by JudyTheSewer (Post 5311061)
Yes, yes, and yes! And, another symptom is that when you are buying a new house, a place for sewing is at the top of the priority list (it is much more important than the kitchen). And this must be a place where the door can be closed so that "neat-freak" hubby isn't affected by seeing the mess inside! The rest of the house should be usable.

I agree, but I think you should add "anyone" to the list, not just hubby. My brother thought my room was totally messy when it was very clean and organized. I just have lots of fabric everywhere. It was when I asked him to look in my sewing room for a box I couldn't find and he stared at the room as if he had never seen anything like it before. Too little space, too much stuff.

Helen S 06-23-2012 10:35 AM

LOL! Some days I can't seem to move away from the computer and get NO sewing done, other days I seem to spend shopping for more fabric...that I really don't need, but can't let all those great remnants fall into a stash other than mine.

I often look at quilting books while shopping, but know I can find most any pattern online for free...yes, I'm trying to be a frugal quilter, too!

My head spins nearly 24/7 with ideas that never get onto paper or into fabric, and when I'm working on something too long I have to set it aside and work on something else to waylay the boredom that seems to edge in often. I used to be able to work nonstop of something, but guess things change as we age.

I planned to make all 11 grandchildren a quilt for Christmas. I've finished two completely, have five more in the works and don't think I'm going to make it. I'm just happy none of them knew of my plans.

Yep, I think you're normal!

DixieDoodle 06-23-2012 10:46 AM

Yup, welcome to the quilting addiction!! :thumbup:

ShabbyTabby 06-23-2012 10:59 AM

Call the Doctor...you've been bitten by the Quilting Bug. It causes a disease that's hard to get rid of. Makes you do crazy things like spend every extra penny for fabrics, spend way too much time online looking at fabrics and patterns and way, way too much time chatting with all the other bug bitten ladies on this board...LOL. Welcome to this "La Vita Loco"....

Gladys 06-23-2012 11:05 AM

Absolutely, there will never be enough hours in the day!

MzMcKee 06-23-2012 02:30 PM

Hey Everybody! We hooked another one!!

beckyboo1 06-23-2012 02:39 PM

Glad it's not just me! I'm working on the border of my first quilt. Most of the links I have up on my computer right now are quilt boards, magazines, QCA etc. As for thinking about who to give quilts to eventually, my mother has given several to my kids already, do you think they'll still want some from me? LOL

katsewnsew 06-23-2012 02:41 PM

Sounds familiar! Just relax and enjoy the ride!!!!

fred singer 06-23-2012 02:42 PM

fantastic glad to have new members.