Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do You "Name" Your Quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-%22name%22-your-quilt-t54765.html)

raptureready 07-16-2010 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
No, I make mine to give away and they're definitely not the "FANCY" ones that I've seen on this board!

They don't have to be fancy to have a name. My avy is named "Frames" and there's nothing fancy about it.
I made one for my husband, named it and it was to be taken outside when he flies airplanes. I do it especially if I'm giving them away to make it more personal. If they're being donated to charity I don't name them.

ann clare 07-16-2010 02:11 PM

No. They don't stay long enough.

ghostrider 07-16-2010 02:33 PM

Yep, all of 'em have titles. Sometimes the title even comes before the design which comes before the fabric selection which comes before I start cutting and sewing! I'm weird like that. :lol:

EdieClay 07-16-2010 03:06 PM

Gosh, I love this place ... it never occurred to me to name my quilts. Like others, sometimes I have a special name for a quilt, but I wouldn't want to put it on the label. I do put the pattern name on each quilt I make (i.e., Trip Around the World, Rails, Double Irish Chain, Patchwork). Great idea that I may try to use. Thanks.

GrammaNan 07-16-2010 05:20 PM

I have never named my quilts however, after reading so long on this board, I am going to start. I am hand quilting a quilt for the first time. It is a patriotic quilt and I thought about how many opportunities I have had to learn from the mistakes I have made on the quilt and, "America, the Land of Opportunity" popped in to my head. I am going to name the quilt "Opportunity". The next quilt I am working on is also a patriotic quilt and I am going to name it "Gratitude" in honor of my ancestors that have fought for our freedom throughout many generations.

Patti 07-16-2010 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by GrammaNan
I have never named my quilts however, after reading so long on this board, I am going to start. I am hand quilting a quilt for the first time. It is a patriotic quilt and I thought about how many opportunities I have had to learn from the mistakes I have made on the quilt and, "America, the Land of Opportunity" popped in to my head. I am going to name the quilt "Opportunity". The next quilt I am working on is also a patriotic quilt and I am going to name it "Gratitude" in honor of my ancestors that have fought for our freedom throughout many generations.

Your names sound perfect for your quilts!!!! I hope you'll post them when you're finished!

sewnsewer2 07-16-2010 05:24 PM

I do!

GrammaNan 07-16-2010 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Patti

Originally Posted by GrammaNan

Your names sound perfect for your quilts!!!! I hope you'll post them when you're finished!

Thanks for the support. I will post pics when they are done.

littlehud 07-16-2010 07:49 PM

I name most of mine. Some are just quilts.

Borntohandquilt 07-17-2010 12:50 AM

All of my quilts have names of precious stones. I think that fits perfectly: wholecloths can have every color and they are very valuable- exactly like the precious stones! I can do almost hundreds of quilts and I always find a matching name for them.