Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you ever... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-ever-t70599.html)

Boscobd 10-16-2010 09:33 PM

not feel like quilting, but want to do something productive? I spent my entire day off of work yesterday sorting through all my scraps, cutting them into 3.5 inch squares and organizing them into color coded stacks! I just wasn't into sewing, but needed to do something. I've been thinking about doing a real scrappy quilt, so perhaps this was my brain's way of getting me started?? :)

wolfkitty 10-16-2010 09:40 PM

Sure! Sometimes I crochet, something to keep my hands busy and feel as though I am doing something useful. Now that I am back from the birth of my grandson, I need to get busy on his quilt, to go with the theme of his room - fishies! I had gotten material, but couldn't decide on a pattern. Deb from the board (not with the new kitty Deb) that lives nearby sent me some coloring book type patterns to use for applique. I need some motivation, too.

luvTooQuilt 10-16-2010 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Boscobd
not feel like quilting, but want to do something productive? I spent my entire day off of work yesterday sorting through all my scraps, cutting them into 3.5 inch squares and organizing them into color coded stacks! I just wasn't into sewing, but needed to do something. I've been thinking about doing a real scrappy quilt, so perhaps this was my brain's way of getting me started?? :)

that was me the other day.. I wasn't in the mood to sew but I wanted to be in my sewing room, so I cleaned and organized.. Books put away, scraps on the floor in garbage, cleared off cutting table, & even the ironing board. They are now clutter free..

DebraK 10-16-2010 09:42 PM

I hate to tell you, but I think you are still quilting.

Boscobd 10-16-2010 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by DebraK
I hate to tell you, but I think you are still quilting.

I never thought of it that way! Thanks!!

trif 10-16-2010 09:52 PM

I agree, sometimes you may not have the energy to sew/quilt, but it's still a great feeling to get organized, plan a quilt, or prepare your fabric for a project. It's all still part of the whole process. Enjoying a lazy day is allowed, however it sounds like you were all still very busy.

wolfkitty 10-16-2010 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by trif
I agree, sometimes you may not have the energy to sew/quilt, but it's still a great feeling to get organized, plan a quilt, or prepare your fabric for a project. It's all still part of the whole process. Enjoying a lazy day is allowed, however it sounds like you were all still very busy.

It all needs to be done during the quilting process, so, yeah, you are still quilting - getting ready to sew!

Crlyn 10-16-2010 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Boscobd

I'm doing exactly the same as you at the moment and trying to think of a scrappy to use up some of these scraps.......I've never done a scrappy before! :-)

littlehud 10-17-2010 11:28 AM

Sure. I spend time here, crochet and knit. I think sorting fabrics and cutting them is quilting so it sounds good to me.

BellaBoo 10-17-2010 11:34 AM

I get the baking bug. I may bake four or more desserts in a day. I usually have an on going crochet project to pick up too.