Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have a price limit? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-price-limit-t81840.html)

beaniekins 12-10-2010 12:35 PM

I try to stay under $10 a meter, but I have paid up to $12/meter before. I usually stock up on fabric when there are sales since otherwise I can't really justify purchasing fabric that can be up to $20/meter around here.

STAR 12-10-2010 01:54 PM

$10.00 I think is the highest I have paid, and then I didn't get a full yard. One time i splurged and bought 2.5 yds at 10.00, but I felt horrible afterwards

katiebear1 12-10-2010 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by quilter68
On average, my price limit has passed.

That being said, I just went to your site and saw the perfect paisleys. What to do, what to do!

Oh, aren't they just beautiful! I will have to order some I do try to stay under $10 a yard, but I almost always buy on sale

IrishNY 12-10-2010 02:51 PM

I have a price point of $10 a yard. I just cannot bring myself to pay more than that - there is just no fabric above that price that is worth it to me. Below it, I love it all! :)

I like really high quality fabric, so know I need to pay more for it. Most of what I buy is between $7.50 and $9 a yard, I would guess. But I love a bargain as much the next quilter, and tend to buy backings when I find a good price.

MadQuilter 12-10-2010 02:53 PM

I bought a $16 piece of hand-printed giraffe fabric but I would consider that a "special" purchase in small quantities. Generally I delight in getting sales and if I like it a lot, then I pay the $10/yard fee.

My resolve will be put to the test when I go to Germany in March. My friend has promised to take me to an LQS and I can't not buy something. We'll see.....

quiltsRfun 12-10-2010 02:54 PM

I don't think I've ever bought anything over $10/yd., and very little of that. I like to keep in the $5-7 range if possible, mostly by waiting for sales.

fabric_fancy 12-10-2010 03:03 PM

i won't pay more than $6 a yard. there's many online shops that still have this pricing.

Riversong 12-10-2010 04:25 PM

Im with Carrie. I very seldom buy yardage though. I might get some for borders or binding,but eveything else is sraps,as a rule.

lots2do 12-10-2010 05:07 PM

I start to get nervous over $9. I am trying to stash bust as much as possible.

sewingladydi 12-10-2010 05:32 PM

If I really, really love it, I would go over $10.00. I usually buy on sale, & on line. Just gots tons of fabric @ 2.75 a yard plus shipping at the Cotton Loft. I also check out the sale & red tag at Joann's. And absolutely do not miss a good sale at the LQS.

But on the whole, I rarely pay over $6 per yard. And only if I need something to complete a quilt. And in that case I buy only what I need for that project.

Most of my sewing is charity quilts or items for charity fundraisers (aprons, etc).

If a special gift for a family member or close friend, I'd pay top dollar if it was what I wanted.