Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you have quilting rulers that you still haven't used yet? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-have-quilting-rulers-you-still-havent-used-yet-t98062.html)

MissJMac 06-17-2011 08:36 PM

Oh Yeah!!!!! Many, many, but I always fall back on 6"x24"; 6"x6"; 4"x14" and 12"x12" - these are all Omnigrid, because the yellow lines are easier on these old tired eyes" :>)
Have a drawer full of "Oh, I must have this one" that I've used once or never LOL

GreatStarter 06-17-2011 08:42 PM

I thought I only had one I haven't used-the wavy edge one. Then realized I bought some books that included rulers that I haven't used yet. One is for a wedding ring quilt, another is that black, white and red quilt by Quilt in a Day, and there is another book with one I can't even think of the name at this moment....brain fog is heavy tonight. Basicly I only have boughten normal straight rulers and I use everyone I have regularly. Time to do those someday projects with the rulers included with the books.

Kat

toucanbear 09-27-2012 06:38 PM

Magdalena, I am looking for any of the trace and create rulers. Do you have any you would like to part with?

Toni C 09-27-2012 09:25 PM

hahaha being a gadget girl I love my rulers. i just saw one that someone showed here, log cabin trim tool. Since I had such a time long ago with keeping my log cabin straight I haven't made another. I've been thinking this might do the trick! I'm hoping to see it at Houston International Quilt Show. Along with the red snappers I'm getting (already made sure she was coming and will have my size) life is good.

Leigh74 09-28-2012 06:53 AM

The problem with buying rulers that aren't used is....I forget I have that ruler and buy the same one again! After doing this 3 times, I made a list of all my rulers and bring it with me whenever I have a 50% coupon and think I'll be tempted to buy yet another ruler.

labeelady 09-28-2012 06:58 AM

I have a Dresden plate ruler that I bought just recently. Also a ruler for cutting circles that I had buried and recently found when I was cleaning out a cubbyhole. Both are awaiting first use. Oh, and I do have one of those rulers you use to cut strips that I haven't used yet, but it's been buried, and when I find it, I'll put it to good use!

jcrow 09-28-2012 08:53 AM

I have over 30 rulers and haven't used even 1/4 of them. I just had to have them at the time. I might still need them. Who knows. It doesn't hurt having them. They are already bought and paid for.

dsch 12-30-2012 12:52 PM

Me, too!!
Some were gifts that had no directions!

Skittl1321 12-31-2012 06:22 AM

I have the Fons and Porter Triangle Ruler (I think for half square triangles?) Never used it, and since I rarely do any piecing, probably won't.

gabeway 12-31-2012 07:37 AM

We've bought a few at quilt shows that are on the need to use list.