Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you keep a scrapbook or notebook of the things you've sewn? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-keep-scrapbook-notebook-things-youve-sewn-t302818.html)

StephanieR 02-06-2019 01:29 PM

Do you keep a scrapbook or notebook of the things you've sewn?

Since I'm new to this, I have lots of learning to do so I'm thinking of keeping a book of the things I've made and note what I like and don't like about them for future reference. I think I might print pictures of the quilts that show the goals I'm shooting for too so that I can compare and improve. I'll probably jot down some notes as well.

Have you any of you done something like this? Do you find it helpful or am I going to waste my time starting this? If you have any tips on how to put something like this together, I would love to read them.

Thanks!

Grammahunt 02-06-2019 01:36 PM

I have hundreds of photos--three albums worth--of the quilts I've made. I had to stop because I ran out of storage space. Although now, years later, it is wonderful to look at them.

bakermom 02-06-2019 02:08 PM

No. I do have a photo record of quilts and things I enter in the Fair, but most things are given away and no record kept.

Moira in N.E. England 02-06-2019 02:29 PM

I started taking a photo of the quilts I make for the Project Linus charity so that I would have a reference of the designs and how many I donate. I record the sizes on the photo.
I was really annoyed with myself recently as I had taken 4 quilts to my area coordinator then realised a few day later that I hadn’t photographed them.

Eisy 02-06-2019 02:36 PM

I take photos of most of my quilt projects but don't usually take notes unless I think I might make it again. I keep the photos in an album on my coffee table. Friends like to look at it when visiting.

Conchalea 02-06-2019 02:49 PM

I take pictures of projects & post many on Facebook for my friends & family to see. I store them on my computer, as I figured out that scrapbooks take up waaay too much room.

toverly 02-06-2019 02:55 PM

I keep a running notebook of ideas, classes, Guild meeting notes, sewing notes and sometimes, a photo. I have notebooks from 5 years ago. It's a great reference tool. My notebooks have lines on the front, quad grid on the back. So sketching blocks is easy. I take photos but am bad about actually printing them. Maybe one day.

sewbizgirl 02-06-2019 03:04 PM

No documentation... I'm just not willing to spend the time. I do try to take a photo of everything finished, and it's here on my computer for future reference if I need it. That's as far as I go.

If notebooks and notes work for you... go for it!

Boston1954 02-06-2019 03:10 PM

I take numerous photographs of the quilts, while in progress, and when they are finished. Also I take a picture of the label, especially if they are given away. I have a list of them in the computer. I put what I named it, its size, the date it was finished, who I gave it to, and much other stuff. I also have a composition book that I write ideas for quilts I'd like to make.

Tartan 02-06-2019 03:12 PM

My quilt record is on QB. I started out about 40 years ago taking pictures, that lasted about 1 year.:D