Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you make charity quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-make-charity-quilts-t136145.html)

LindaM49 07-09-2011 03:42 AM

Originally Posted by debp33
I do primarily baby quilts for the Quilts for Kids organization. They request they be 38"- 40" x 45"- 46".

If you're donating to a specific charity, it would be a good idea to see if they have requirements.

''

I had said in my introduction thead yesterday that I know someone who quilts just about 24/7. Her and her quilting buddies make baby quilts for hospitals in the area...she is a retired RN. My friend...this is her late hubby's cousin that quilts... has told my how appreciated these quilts are. From what she said they are given to new mothers who are
"down on their luck" and have nothing to wrap the baby in when leaving the hospital.

CarrieAnne 07-09-2011 03:46 AM

For my raffle quilts I always make the full size bed size, then it just depends. Love project Linus, they will take any size, so it always depends how much fabric I have.

rosequilts 07-09-2011 04:03 AM

40 X 60. That way I do not have to piece a backing

quiltymom 07-09-2011 04:14 AM

all sizes from premies to queen

purrfectquilts 07-09-2011 04:30 AM

I make many charity quilts each year and they are all different sizes depending on who they are meant for. Once in a while a queen size, but for the most part a generous twin is the largest and a newborn size the smallest. And, again, sometimes the size is determined by a particular pattern and how it works out. These are very satisfying even though they do take time and supplies.

oldcottontop 07-09-2011 04:37 AM

Yes all the time. And they are different sizes. My church quilt guild keeps a supply of quilts for babies being baptized or ill and lapsize quilts for adults. When we get a over abundance of quilts, we will donate them to the local childrens hospital or to one of the assisted living for seniors home. I also make quilts for "Quilt for Kids" foundation.

Very rewarding.

shadow59602 07-09-2011 04:43 AM

I help make 60"x 80" Quilts for Lutheran World Relief. We make squares or strips or whatever we can do with the fabric donated. I also do Blankets for Project Linus.For them I make smaller blankets using Fleece and crochet around for the border.I am having fun doing this and I made many Friends.

GrannyHanaDa 07-09-2011 04:44 AM

Twin size

Carol J. 07-09-2011 04:50 AM

We make all sizes in our church quilt project, mostly 68 x 84, some queen size, whatever the top sewer ends up with. 72 x 90 used to be standard but with donated fabrics, we make ours as close to that as possible.
Ours go to anyone who needs a quilt. If it is for a secret auction or our sale we make queen and I make a king sized for a special auction each year. We use mostly donated fabric so use what we get to keep the costs down.

Carol J.

IdahoSandy 07-09-2011 06:10 AM

I usually make throws and crib quilts for charity and the size varys depending on the size block and border.
IdahoSandy