Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you make Tumbler Quilts? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-make-tumbler-quilts-t42076.html)

craftybear 04-08-2010 02:33 AM

Wow, I just saw a photo of a tumbler quilt online and they are awesome.

sew4fun 04-08-2010 02:59 AM

I am making a tumbler charm quilt right now. But can see it in all kinds of color combos.

craftybear 04-08-2010 03:01 AM

cool, how are you getting along making it, did you buy the template or make your own?

Originally Posted by sew4fun
I am making a tumbler charm quilt right now. But can see it in all kinds of color combos.

brushandthimble 04-08-2010 03:18 AM

Gee craftybear, you do get around:)
To bad we don't live closer, we could get together and make our tumbler quilts. I am only looking to make wall hanging's but can see the possiablity that one may become a larger quilt. LOL
I have 6 rows by 9 blocks laid out on my mini portable design wall to sew together today.

Arizona Sunrises 04-08-2010 03:52 AM

I made a baby quilt for my niece. I bought a plastic template, even though it wasn't necessary. For $5 @ Joann's with a coupon, it was worth the expense.

raptureready 04-08-2010 04:31 AM

I had a BUNCH of 4 1/2" blocks left over from one of my very first quilting projects and got tired of sewing them together as blocks. I started at the top corners and went in 1 1/4" on each lower corner to make my tumblers. I did two twin quilts of those.

BellaBoo 04-08-2010 05:03 AM

I have a six inch tumbler die for my Go cutter. It is one of my most used dies. The layouts are are fun mixing solid/prints/lights/dark. I sew small scraps together to make scrappy tumblers.

craftybear 04-08-2010 05:05 AM

cool, please post a picture when you get it done, for show and tell

Originally Posted by brushandthimble
To bad we don't live closer, we could get together and make our tumbler quilts. I am only looking to make wall hanging's but can see the possiablity that one may become a larger quilt. LOL
I have 6 rows by 9 blocks laid out on my mini portable design wall to sew together today.

craftybear 04-08-2010 05:06 AM

can you post a picture of your mini portable design wall? Please

Thanks

Originally Posted by brushandthimble

sew4fun 04-08-2010 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by craftybear
cool, how are you getting along making it, did you buy the template or make your own?

Originally Posted by sew4fun

I am using the omnigrid template. Love it. Also, have the cracker template that I am using at the same time & setting those aside to stitch together later. Saw a flag design in Connecting Threads using that shape and I may make later.