Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you own the Quiltling Quickly DVD's from Craftsy (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-own-quiltling-quickly-dvds-craftsy-t186355.html)

tezell0801 04-17-2012 04:14 AM

Do you own the Quiltling Quickly DVD's from Craftsy

Do you have these, and if so how did you like them. Are they good instructional DVD's for beginners? There is a Quiltling Quickly II and Quilting Quickly II at Craftsy I am considering purchasing an would like some feedback. I don't mind spending money on good instructional DVDs but I don't want to waste money I could spend on fabric if they are not worth it.

Thanks!

Cherylsea 04-17-2012 05:09 AM

They aren't DVDs. It is a video class much like YouTube. I am doing the Free Block of the Month, Quilting Quickly and the Scrap Piecing one. You buy the class and have lifetime access to it. They have a sharing site where you can comment and ask questions and post your work. I think it is very well done and worth the money. Excellent teachers and you don't have to get dressed and drag half of your sewing room somewhere for a class.

Wanda_GA 04-17-2012 05:27 AM

They are offering DVD's now also. Just got an email msg promoting them. I purchased the "on-line" I and II with Jenny Doan and love them. She is a delight to watch and you get great ideas from her. The DVD's were offered at a great price, but since I have them saved on my computer I passed on the DVD's.

yellowwroses 04-17-2012 05:28 AM

just saw the dvd's on sale good price, I like the class.
judy

jcrow 04-17-2012 07:14 AM

I bought the II class and then got an email saying they are selling DVDs of I and II. I can watch them any time on my computer so I have no reason to buy them. I'm also doing the free BOM. There's over 50,000 people doing the free BOM. I think they brought a lot of new business to their site by offering that free class. I tried the Quilting Quickly I and found it too easy and I'm not an advanced quilter, so you might think about that.

Sunnye 04-17-2012 11:02 AM

I've got the Quilting Quickly 1, block of the month, stupendeous stitching and paper piecing. I love them all and am tempted to get the quilting quickly 2 today!

Xtgirl 04-17-2012 03:59 PM

I signed up for both classes online. I ended up getting the second one free through a promotion they ran:) I liked them as a very beginner. I made a dp9 for my very first quilt watching those videos. I would recommend them. Jenny Doan has a very friendly, cheerful manner and she is the perfect instructor for newbies. Also, I asked questions online and posted a few pics and Jenny replied to them both in a matter of hours. That was a really nice feature.

nannyrick 04-17-2012 04:10 PM

I took these classes from Jenny Doan and they are wonderful I don't need the DVD's
but they are worth what they are asking. Jenny's teaching is so easy to uderstand.
I think you will love the DVD's.

franc36 04-17-2012 05:56 PM

Since I signed up for the classes, I don't need the DVDs. As I am a beginning quilter, I really enjoyed the lessons. I have made the "Altered Squares" and the "Jelly Cake" quilt tops. Because of the simplicity of the two patterns, I finished the quilts in record time and I ihink the quilts are beautiful. I'll probably make quite a few of the quilts from the Jenny Doam lessons because they are so easy to make and I like the way they look. I love Jenny as a teacher. If I had not purchased the classes, I'd buy the DVDs.

rvsfan 04-18-2012 07:44 AM

Craftsy DVDs

Originally Posted by tezell0801 (Post 5147617)
Do you have these, and if so how did you like them. Are they good instructional DVD's for beginners? There is a Quiltling Quickly II and Quilting Quickly II at Craftsy I am considering purchasing an would like some feedback. I don't mind spending money on good instructional DVDs but I don't want to waste money I could spend on fabric if they are not worth it.

Thanks!

I have Quilting Quickly and Quilting Quickly II and love them both and think they are worth the money. However, I got both at 50% off so paid only $29.99 each. Watch for a sale.