Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you take a hiatus from sewing at holiday time? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-take-hiatus-sewing-holiday-time-t257116.html)

adamae 11-20-2014 10:40 PM

Do you take a hiatus from sewing at holiday time?

Do you continue sewing, quilting, through the holiday season? Seems like there is so much to do cooking, decorating, cleaning and shopping this time of year that I don't get to sew as much as I would like. How about you?

cathylynn 11-20-2014 10:42 PM

I keep quilting. I work in retail so quilting is my much needed, calming therapy. Couldn't survive the holidays without it!

NJ Quilter 11-21-2014 02:00 AM

Depends on the projects I have going on and their deadlines. Usually I need to keep sewing during the other craziness. It's also therapy for the craziness.

ckcowl 11-21-2014 04:02 AM

I sew every moment I can, year around and am particularly busy sewing through the holidays. Hubby & I both have fairly large families, there are always more projects to get done than there is time for. This years its lots of placemats and table runners.

davis2se 11-21-2014 04:55 AM

It just depends one how I am feeling, what else I have planned, if we are traveling, etc, from year to year. Last year I sewed like a maniac right up until we left for Atlanta to spend Christmas with our daughter, and started back up again as soon as we got home - the New Year. This year, not so much. Wish I was more in the mood, but having some hand surgery in a few days, and then again the week before Christmas, so I've talked myself out of starting anything that will just have to sit and wait for me to heal! Hopefully after the surgeries I will get back into the swing.

PaperPrincess 11-21-2014 05:01 AM

I sew a lot less in the Summer. Way too much to do then. I just sew around the holiday activities.

Vistacruise 11-21-2014 05:05 AM

This time of year is when things slow down at my job and I am able to take time off. It is the only time of year I can really get in some uninterrupted sewing time, so it is when I do most of my quilting.

franc36 11-21-2014 05:31 AM

Because quilting is the activity I enjoy most, I sew every spare minute. I don't have as much free time during the holidays; but I make every minute count. If I am cooking and have 10 minutes before I need to do something else and it is safe to leave unattended, I take a timer with me to the sewing room. It is amazing what I accomplish in small segments of time. Also, I am happier doing other things because I have had some time to sew.

Jackie Spencer 11-21-2014 05:50 AM

No, I am still in my sewing room everyday, and evenings I do my hand work. I still manage to get everything else done too. I love this time of year!!!!

ManiacQuilter2 11-21-2014 05:52 AM

I am single so there is NOT much cooking to be done. My quilting is my therapy.