Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you think I can do this in two weeks? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-think-i-can-do-two-weeks-t65870.html)

C.Cal Quilt Girl 09-22-2010 05:44 PM

Yes, you can !!!

Chatfield 09-22-2010 05:53 PM

I made a "french braid quilt" - I was so surprised at how fast it went together and it was fast to cut it out too. You can do it!

Loretta 09-22-2010 05:55 PM

Go to Quilters Cache and look at the blocks that have 1 dot. They are pretty simple.

Cheshirecatquilter 09-22-2010 09:36 PM

Rail fence is an easy design. You don't even need a pattern. Just make multicolor blocks by strip piecing, then measure the width and cut them into squares. Join at right angles. Put on borders if desired to stretch it to what ever size you want.

Nancy11442 09-23-2010 01:00 AM

I live in that area....where is this shop? The Creative Quilts shop I mean

kclausing 09-23-2010 09:08 AM

No problem. The only question is how much time over the next 2 weeks? This will say how easy of complex you can get.

Ofg course the simplist is just blocks. Or you can make a 9 patch with 10" squares then cut the 9 patch in quarters rotate them and stitch them back together. Goes quick.

Log caboins are also very easy since you just cut all 2.5" strips (or bigger) at certain lengths.

Or you can do a strip quilt. Cut all WOF strips at a certain width, say 2.5". Stitch them together in rows, but every other row should start with a half length of fabric, so the seams are staggered.

Good luck!!

Marilynsue 09-23-2010 02:27 PM

I've gotten by with that theory more than once. :P

jitkaau 09-23-2010 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
I would like to make a quick quilt for someone's birthday, is it possible to put one together in 2.5 weeks, or am I dreaming? I need something that works for fishing, cabin,lake sort of thing, I found fabric but not sure what kind of pattern that is quick, like super quick. I only have weeknites and one weekend to do this

If you make colour wash or bargello, the top can be made in one day (I do it regularly). Then put the back and batting on the next day. It depends how elaborately you quilt as to how long the next bit takes. Do in the ditch straight lines or big cornelli work to make it go faster. Then you need to bind it, so put aside another day - 5 to 6 days at least.

zz-pd 09-24-2010 12:08 AM

the first jean quilt I did, I put the top together in a day, as a mater of fact, I had the whole thing done in a week, and that was with all the embroidrey on it, and batting and quilting. I was down in pain for three days, but I got it done. Now I have to do that miracal again for my middles sons birthday, and I can't start that until I have this months doll quilt done, hopfully I can finish it tomorrow. God bless.

TX GMimi 09-24-2010 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by deema
You could also try to find a fishing related panel, do a large center panel with coordinating fabrics for a few borders...

The one in my avatar took me about three weeks, including a 4 day trip away from home, and working around the schedule my infant dictates, AND it was my first ever.

Great job!