Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Do you think you could get tired of quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/do-you-think-you-could-get-tired-quilting-t84534.html)

Borntohandquilt 12-22-2010 10:59 PM

I think I will never get tired of quilting. There are so many colors I want to make a quilt with, so many patterns I want to try, so many shows I want to enter - for me it is more than a hobby, it's a passion and obsession - and also a mission.

AnnieH 12-22-2010 11:25 PM

I get tired of my silly mistakes rather than quilting as I'm still learning. Some days I'm so pleased (like a day last week when I finally 'mastered' binding), then I make a daft boo boo (made a kindle cover yesterday with beautiful binding but the damn thing was too small!!!).
Oh well, it keeps the brain cells active.
Annie

pollyhodkinson 12-23-2010 02:50 AM

I have been quilting for over 40 years and have been retired for 7 years. I do my patchwork and quilting on a daily basis. I get cross if I am interupted for pointless things like making meals and cleaning. I LOVE quilting and piecing and I will never get tired of it. My hands don't work as well as they did but I carry on as best I can.

Hope you all have a lovely holiday and a happy and healthy new year.

Seasons greetings from Lancashire, England (covered in snow)
Pauline

phatquilts 12-23-2010 03:16 AM

Maybe, I am too simple minded: could I ever get tired of chocolate [no] or quilting [no] ?? No, there are too many kinds to try. :thumbup: :lol:

Aurora 12-23-2010 04:23 AM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
I can get tired of a quilt, but not quilting.

I totally agree! I sometimes get tired of a specific project, but I put it aside and start another. Isn't that the reason for UFO's. I do same with knitting. I like having a variety of choices to work on.

Jackie D 12-23-2010 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by mrsddh97
I dream of being able to quit my job and spending as much time as I want quilting or in pursuit of other crafts but mainly quilting. Do you think you would ever get tired and stop quilting. Or is it because I don't have the the time I want to devote to quilting that I am dreaming. Maybe if I had the time I would be wanting to do something else. I used to knit and crochet but I have almost put that totally down for quilting. I couldn't see myself ever getting tired of quilting. What about you?

I have been making quilts since 1975, and I never tire of it. I love it all, picking a pattern, choosing fabrics, cutting it out, sewing it together, quilting and binding. I have a sewing room and Im in it almost everyday. Quilting helped me get thru empty nest syndrome when my 3 daughters left home, comforted me when I lost my parents, and just helps to ease the stress of everyday life. If I couldnt make quilts I just dont know what I would do. It has brought me so much happiness, not to mention those who have received one of my quilts. Do you think there is a quilters heaven?

JuneD 12-23-2010 04:50 AM

Never!!!! I'm retired and I love to sit down at my sewing machine and play!! I always have several projects going on at the same time, so I'm never bored. I figured out that for me, having something new to work on, allows me to finish other projects. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't do something with quilting. Looking at patterns, finding new patterns, adding a new project to my already long list of projects is pure fun for me!

quilt3311 12-23-2010 04:54 AM

No way!!! I've been quilting for 44 years and I still find it challenging. So many new ideas to explore. Dying, painting, embellishing, etc, etc. I've even used tyvek, which I held an iron over (about an inch above it) and made it bubble. Then painted it like rocks and attached to a wall piece. The color combination's are never ending too.

uniquelynancy 12-23-2010 05:04 AM

I can't picture a day without quilting. There are so many ideas floating around in my head that I want to try. I know I'll never get to do them all.

gollytwo 12-23-2010 05:10 AM

I've been quilting for about 40 years. And yes, I have a hiatus from time to time - my longest was almost 6 months. I didn't stop buying fabric though, just stopped sewing.