Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anybody have a Brother 1500? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anybody-have-brother-1500-a-t186372.html)

cizzors 04-17-2012 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by DebbyT (Post 5149084)
I just checked the parts with mine and the book shows the knee lift but it appears that the dealer did not include it. I bought the floor model and did not realize until now that it was an option. I will be calling the dealer. - Thanks for the heads up.

The knee lift is stored under the extension table.

kiffie2413 04-17-2012 05:26 PM

I also have the Brother PQ1500, mine also has the knee lifter, and the auto thread cutter. As an aside, got it from Allbrands, best price I found at the time. I also got excellent customer service from them. I love the machine, so far have not had any problems with it. I just got a Grace frame to use with it, dh has the frame all together, but I haven't tried it out together yet...I think I am overwhelmed with actually putting a quilt on the frame and giving it a go...lol... Good luck with your new buy, whatever you choose...just have to "throw my hat in the ring" with good things about the 1500!
Regards,
Kif

Peckish 04-17-2012 06:19 PM

Of all the machines I own, my favorite is the 1500! I also have a Janome 1600DB, which is essentially the same machine, but for some reason I like the 1500 better. I put the Janome on a New Joy frame and use the Brother as my piecing "daily driver".

BellaBoo 04-17-2012 06:55 PM

I have the 1500. The only problem I have had is when using the tread cutter the needle would come unthreaded. It was frustrating. The dealer couldn't tell me why, she just kept wanting me to have a new thread cutter put in. Some one here told me to not thread through all the three holes of the thread guide on top. I thread through just one hole and that stopped the unthreading. One more thing, I haven 't figured out the color pressure guide or the pin feed. The dealer told me to keep it in the pin feed for all sewing.

echoemb 04-18-2012 05:50 AM

Thanks for all the input. I see a Brother in my future. When I had my embroidery business I had 24 heads of Brother equipment and I loved my Brothers so I guess I need another kind of Brother. I want to use it to piece and put my Bernina 440 on a frame. Now does anybody have a Bernina 440 on a Frame???

mermaid 04-18-2012 05:54 AM

Love mine to pieces! Got it last summer, then found a table on ebay for $12.00..the knee lift fits underneath. Like another tho, I just wish it had a drop in bobbin. Guess we can't have everything we want.

Rose Marie 04-18-2012 06:21 AM

I have the Baby Lock Jane which is the same machine. Its set up on a long arm frame (Imperial).
I dont like it at all. Not simple to thread and hate the under the machine bobbin with case.
It was a bad investment and I do not recommend a domestic machine on a frame. Im constantley running back and forth around the frame just to lift the needle. Cant even pull the bobbin thread up.
I just bought a Brother light weight XL2600 for $80 and love this little machine. I can take it to meetings and it even has some fancy stitches and a drop in bobbin.
Love my Viking Shapphire the most though.

Sneed 04-18-2012 06:39 AM

The Brother 1500 is one terrific machine!! I use it now solely for FMQ and love it. It also is good for straight seams. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Jingle 04-18-2012 10:20 AM

My Daughter has the Bother 1500 and loves it. I have a Juki TL98QE and a Babylock Jane and love them both, All are about the same as the Brother 1500. It is much cheaper than a machine designed to be used on a frame. I think you will be highly impressed with it.

DebbyT 04-18-2012 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by cizzors (Post 5149617)
The knee lift is stored under the extension table.

I checked the extension table and it was empty. It was still in the plastic bag without the knee lift. I called the dealer today and it is on the way. I did an inventory of parts and one other was missing and it will also be sent. I bought this machine over a year ago and the dealer went the extra mile to assist, no charge.