Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone curse when quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-curse-when-quilting-t125726.html)

Buckeye Rose 05-25-2011 03:46 PM

my mouth gets a bit out of control once in a while....frustration is a nasty thing....my best is when I start telling myself how stupid I am, usually right before a date with my seam ripper!.....lol

Sunflower Girl 05-25-2011 03:47 PM

I do find myself saying "Crap!" quite a bit!!! Try not to get worse than that.

bearisgray 05-25-2011 03:52 PM

When one thinks about it - there are a lot of opportunities for a log cabin block to beome "off"

sandpat 05-25-2011 04:02 PM

I have trouble with Log Cabin too...just can't do it! I sucessfully made a Dear Jane quilt and I just can't do a LC...so don't feel too bad, or if you want to continue, just schooch over in the boat to make room for me! I have to admit that if I'm totally honest....the air has been blue in my sewing room a time or too. :oops:

cizzors 05-25-2011 04:06 PM

I do mine with the strip method. I used to just cut the logs but then some would be mis-cut. Using strips has made mine alot closer to perfect!

ube quilting 05-25-2011 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MTS
Take a deep breath.

Log Cabin is one of the easiest blocks to adjust.

What's the problem with your blocks - they were all supposed to be 12.5" and they turned out to be anywhere from 11.5" to 12", or were they all were larger?

So you find the smallest size and then trim ALL the blocks down to THAT size. Just make sure the middle square is centered - you can even just eyeball it.

NO ONE is going to notice the difference when you put them together. That's the beauty of the design, regardless of the layout.

It's still going to look exactly like you originally thought, except the quilt top might be a couple of inches smaller. Big deal. So you put on a wider border.
:thumbup: :thumbup:

You could also add another round on each block, a bit oversized, and then trim the blocks down.

Happens all the time.

And foul words have never, ever, ever crossed my lips.:mrgreen: :mrgreen: Ever.

Can you post some pictures?

MTS rocks! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

alikat110 05-25-2011 04:24 PM

Don't fret too much. My hardest is tbe1/4 " seam. I just square up as suggested by others here and go with it. Glad you are able to let out your frustrations in such a "creative" way. It' s better than holding stuff in.

MadQuilter 05-25-2011 04:45 PM

Originally Posted by apronlady
I'm a comedian not a screamer/curser!

Learn to curse funny. lol

ksea 05-25-2011 04:49 PM

I make up words, that way if someone overhears me they don't know that I am cussing up a blue streak.

Cherylsea 05-25-2011 04:50 PM

Have to admit that I frequently curse my way through a project - sewing or quilting. My husband used to ask "Why do you do it if you hate it so much?" When I finally finish I am usually happy with the result. I also prefer applique to piecing - I'm better at it and it is more forgiving.