Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone else love Jenny Doan? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-else-love-jenny-doan-t188816.html)

0tis 05-12-2012 05:33 PM

Yes, I watch her free videos on the missouri quilt co website - and of course I always check the daily deals. - She does have a nack for teaching and you can tell she is passionate and loves what she does. Wish I could visit the shop in person but I do a pretty good job online.

grammyx5 05-12-2012 05:50 PM

LOVE Jenny Doan of Missouri Star Quilt and her you tube tutorials. Was on her MSQ "blog" a few minutes ago and read a post by her son that Jenny and her husband were in a serious auto accident this week. Fortunately they are OK, and the entire family is giving thanks that they were saved from the accident.

TexasSunshine 05-12-2012 06:30 PM

I feel the same way about Jenny that everyone else does. I learned so much from the Craftsy classes and love, love her videos. She seems like a friend and is so good at what she does.

Arleners 05-12-2012 06:34 PM

I have a bunch of quilting buddies who are talking about planning a trip just so we can go to the store! We thought it would be an awesome girls road trip!

jfowles 05-12-2012 07:43 PM

I think she is great, I sent a top into MSQC for backing and quilting and she called me to see how I wanted it quilted. I told her it was like talking to a movie star, she was great and my quilt was beautifully quilted. She didn't do the actual quilting but who ever did kept in touch with me about what I wanted and how it was progressing. I will use them again, very reasonably priced too. I would like to hang out with her too, she seems like a good friend.

Divokittysmom 05-12-2012 08:50 PM

Jenny is fabulous! She makes quilt pattern designs look effortless! I truly feel I can do any block she shows!!

Xtgirl 05-12-2012 08:54 PM

Her classes are how I learned to quilt. I posted a pic on the craftsy site of my very first quilt top and she responded very quickly and was so kind. I just read about her accident. I'm glad she and her husband are ok. She seems to be a very nice woman, so energetic and supportive...you can just tell she's a great mom:)

Joan Rosemary 05-13-2012 02:43 AM

Hi I am very much a newbie regarding quilting and it was whilst I was researching the art of quilting on the internet that I found the Missouri Star quilt company and all Jenny's tutorials. I have never looked back. She is made for teaching and as a lot of you have said "Her passion for quilting and fabrics shine through". Without her tutorials I don't think I would have actually started quilting as I found a lot of tutorials rather stiff and a lot of info left out.
Whereas Jenny adds loads of titbits to get you through. Thanks to Jenny I have now made 4 quilts and 6 Shopping bags as well as several Table runners. and I have plans to make two King sized quilts for Christmas presents. Thanks Jenny your humour and whole demeaner is made for teaching, if there was an OSCAR for teaching Jenny would get it hands down. What do you think girls. FOR SHE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW FOR SHE'S A JOLLY GOOD FELLOW. LOL.

Juliebelle 05-13-2012 02:49 AM

I love her too, I had watched some other on line videos but they just do not compare to Jenny, she makes it so easy to learn new things and she is so encouraging. She is the best and I also have ordered from the store several times and always had a wonderful experience.

deedum 05-13-2012 05:05 AM

She is a sweetheart isn't she! She is certainly a very talented teacher. I love watching her videos!