Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have a Brother Innovis 4000D embrodiery machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-brother-innovis-4000d-embrodiery-machine-t144968.html)

newborn 08-13-2011 05:01 PM

Does anyone have a Brother Innovis 4000D embrodiery machine and if so how do you like it? And would 5,020,125 be too many stitches to buy for a used machine?
Thanks

1234Irene 08-13-2011 05:07 PM

I would stand up for Brother machines any time. I can't say for the 4000D, but my machine has over 13,754,323 stitches, and I would put it up against any new machine. I LOVE mine, and wouldn't trade it for anything.

Dolphyngyrl 08-13-2011 05:11 PM

brother high end embroidery machines get good ratings, I wouldn't be too concerned, the high end ones are built a lot better than the cheap ones, and I have had the cheap sewing ones a long time to despite what some have said

MzMcKee 08-13-2011 05:19 PM

I have a 4000D and love it...
I just checked my machine and it is showing 5,031,582 stitches.. she runs like a top! :)

Stitchnripper 08-13-2011 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by Dolphyngyrl
brother high end embroidery machines get good ratings, I wouldn't be too concerned, the high end ones are built a lot better than the cheap ones, and I have had the cheap sewing ones a long time to despite what some have said

I don't know about the high end ones, but I do agree with you about the cheap ones. I have been sewing on two very basic mechanical ones, one for 7 years, and the other just recently, and have had zero problems (except for the walking feet breaking, from another thread) but the rest of the machine is fine.

JudyG 08-13-2011 06:33 PM

I have an Innovis 4000D and absolutely love it. It is at the shop for it's annual cleaning right now so cannot check my stitch count but I'm sure it's higher than that because I make pictures which usually have a stitch count of close to 300,000 to 400,000 stitches in each picture. These are fantastic machines and are real workhouses.

newborn 08-15-2011 06:30 PM

Thanks so much for the info. I've been looking for a used machine at a good price or a new cheaper one and someone had this one and I was considering it.

Yarn or Fabric 08-16-2011 02:38 AM

Before you buy that, contact a local dealer - they might have a floor model or even a new one for a comparable price. Never know!

I now have the 4500d - similar to the one you are looking at.
My only gripe is that I hate the auto threader. I wish it wasn't there but it is what it is. Once it does decide to thread, it's good to go. I have to do a weird ritual each time I change the thread.. foot down, needle down, needle up, foot up then do the auto threader lol. It's funny that I have an a.d.d. machine but it works great once I have her threaded.

Having said that mine doesn't get a lot of use either. I have been too busy with my business to do much for fun and I won't do embroidery for others as I stress out too much if I don't do it right... or the machine sucks in a shirt or something. It is just too stressful for me so I don't do it at all.

I think you will be very happy with the Brother 4000.

jdstacey 09-30-2015 07:16 PM

I am a stroke victim and I need the needle threader as I shake really bad. I like my 4000d, but I cannot get the settings right for free motion quilting. can anyone help? Suggestions please.

Tom W 09-30-2015 08:53 PM

I have the 4500d and love it. The 4000d is the same machine less a software upgrade and can be brought up to the same level rather easily. I've had absolutely no issues with it at all. I've done garment sewing, embroidery, piecing and FMQ and it's all been a breeze. not picky about thread or needles.