Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have a Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-brother-pe770-embroidery-machine-t194683.html)

Japonica 07-15-2012 03:37 AM

Does anyone have a Brother PE770 Embroidery Machine?

I am beginning to research an embroidery machine. I would like to use this to personalize some "future" quilts for my children and grandchildren. I have seen this machine demonstrated on line. I don't want anything real expensive as I am not a "sewing kind of gal". Just quilts. Does anyone have this machine and what are your opinions? Thanks for the help.

mea12 07-15-2012 04:23 AM

I have the 770 and use it for occasional projects, especially monograms and labels. For $600 +/-, it has plenty to offer and is very easy to navigate. The embroidery is as nice as you will find on any machine. I really like the very simple PEDBasic to view and load my designs. The USB stick is easy also..you just need some means of viewing your designs. As long as you stabilize properly, you will get consistently good results. the Janome 350e is also worth a look. It does cost more, and I'm not sure what added benefits it offers but many people own that one also and I've never heard a negative on the Janome. I don't do much embroidery at all so for me, the price of the 770 tipped the scales and for what I do, it is more than enough.

natalieg 07-15-2012 12:04 PM

I have one and love it! Course every time I bring it out of the sewing room to the upstaris sewing area....housekeeping suffers, dinners become really small....lol
I could seriously sit and do embroidery all day long!

Ever think that these fun "toys" should come with a warning label:

WARNING: Use of this product may require the employment of a housekeeper by the owner!

sylviak 07-15-2012 12:27 PM

I have this machine also and I love it! I haven't had it long, but I'm making my first quilt using embroidered blocks. It has 6 alphabets on the machine and you can download others. One of the gals on the embroidery machine thread just bought one from Amazon for $400. I'm having fun with mine.

Dyan 07-15-2012 02:04 PM

I also have this machine, and I use it just to make burp cloths, and embroider names on quilts, I am very happy with it. My sister just bought one from Walmart.com, it was less expensive than even Amazon.

krysti 07-15-2012 02:08 PM

I just got my 770 about a month ago, so I'm still learning the basics of the whole embroidery thing; but am very pleased with the 770. The price was right, and it's user friendly. Hope you get one and love it!

Japonica 07-16-2012 02:10 AM

Thanks so much for the input. I think I know what I am going to ask for on my birthday and Christmas!!!

Leonita 07-16-2012 03:23 PM

I like mine sometimes hard to get the hoop on but stitches nice.

june2rose 12-02-2012 11:02 PM

I just received my PE770 and am anxious to get started using it. Just wanted to know what software do you use if any or is it really necesary in the beginning. I understand there are designs on the machine I plan to practice with, and I also understand there are plenty of free designs I can download on the usb stick to stitch also. But is the software mainly for resizing or what else may it be used for, if you can enlighten me. I would appreciate your comments as a newbee.