Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have this Embroidery Machine???? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-embroidery-machine-t101265.html)

Connie in CO 02-19-2011 11:38 PM

I just checked out a www.embroidary.com,you can embroidary on toilet paper.Cool sight

Little RoO 02-20-2011 12:18 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi, I had the next model down from that ( exactly the same but without USB- but card reader wasn't a problem)
I found it a really good machine and very easy to use. Only real issue I had with it was that it was noisy. It really helped putting it on a non slip mat as that absorbed some of the noise.

You cannot really edit the designs on the machine like Janome but you can do all that on the computer so that is easy enough, also doesn't have a colour screen or huge memory...not an issue either. When I am embroidering I either print the design off or have my computer near to hand.
It doesn't do mega size embroidery but does do large patterns 5 x 7 or larger if you reposition.

You don't need brother software there are a number of good software sites out there, embird, sew what which are a fraction of the price and easy to use. It uses PES as it's format and all designs come in that.

What counts with an embroidery machine is the quality of the end product and provided you spend time hooping correctly and using the appropriate stabaliser you will get some amazing results. Also the price on the machine is excellent.

I upgraded, hence why I no longer have that machine but I do love machine embroidery. There are loads of really fab sites about....best of luck..am sure you will love it. If I can help in anyway as a fellow passonate machine embroidery person please shout.
Have fun !

Little pram quilt with embroidery, made in an evening.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]115877[/ATTACH]

RitaFaye 02-20-2011 12:47 AM

I have this machine and love it, only had it a couple weeks
now and I am learning......I think you will love it too .Rita

quiltsillysandi 02-20-2011 03:58 AM

I've been wanting to get a stand alone embroidery machine and I've heard this was is a great one! Would love to know how well you like it!!

Sandi
FL

wvhill22 02-20-2011 04:06 AM

I am partial to babylock. my friend has the one you are looking at and loves it. It all depends on what you are looking for. I had one and loved embroidering so much i upgraded so I could get the bigger hoop. so make sure it has the size hoop you want and that it has a USB. It is so nice to download your designs onto your computer and then pull them off to your machine. Make sure it comes with some kind of design program. I don't think my friend can edit hers.

sueisallaboutquilts 02-20-2011 04:53 PM

I am soooooo grateful to all of you who chimed in!!!
It really sounds like the perfect choice for me.
Thanks everyone!!
Sue

Magdalena 02-20-2011 05:11 PM

Hurray! Don't forget to show us what you make :)

p38flygirl 02-20-2011 05:17 PM

Brother machines are great..I have the innovis 4000d...But I wanted all the features...I think you will really enjoy it...

Qbee 02-20-2011 05:19 PM

Susan, I'm following this thread because I think you and I are looking for the exact same thing! I SOOO want an embroidery only machine but can't afford a thousand bucks for it. I was looking at this same machine :D
Maybe we should both just bite the bullit and get one!

Originally Posted by sueisallaboutquilts
I am soooooo grateful to all of you who chimed in!!!
It really sounds like the perfect choice for me.
Thanks everyone!!
Sue

CarrieAnne 02-20-2011 05:22 PM

It looks like a great machine!