Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have the Husqvarna Mega Quilter? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-husqvarna-mega-quilter-t224514.html)

bizzibee 06-25-2013 11:20 AM

Does anyone have the Husqvarna Mega Quilter?

Can you tell me what you think of it?

nvb50 06-25-2013 01:03 PM

Love it. Using it today.

ckcowl 06-25-2013 01:08 PM

Husqvarna machines (Viking) are wonderful machines...visit a dealer, try one out and decide if its the machine for you. I've had my Viking for 10 years...use it every day- for hours at a time- I love my Viking, my dealer is wonderful- the free- owners classes were wonderful- making it possible for me to use my machine to it's fullest potential.

NJ Quilter 06-26-2013 03:25 AM

I agree with ckcowl...love my Viking. Don't have the one you are questioning but still love it 10+ years later. Don't use mine quite as much as ckcowl either but have never had an issue and can't remember the last time it was serviced. Just runs like a champ any time I turn her on!

romanojg 06-26-2013 06:23 AM

I have it; love it even though I don't use it much. It's a great machine. When I was buying my Diamond Deluxe this yr I'd thought about trading it in and the dealer said they had a waiting list of people wanting to buy them. At that time I decided to hold off until I was sure. My diamond has the same throat size but its nice to have both. Not sure if my budget can handle both but that's the only reason I'd ever get rid of it.

mighty 06-26-2013 06:32 AM

I have the Viking mega quilter, love it ! Do all my piecing on it. Used to have the 18x8 also a great machine.

Angel Bear 06-26-2013 06:37 AM

I have the Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter and I love it. I tried and tried to do FMQ on my sewing machine, but I tend to be a perfectionist and just never felt like I was ready to do an actual quilt top. After I got my Mega Quilter on the Inspira Frame, I practiced on two "practice" quilts and then tackled my stack of quilt tops waiting to be quilted. (I just used two old sheets with batting in between them.) The machine is really easy to use and well worth the price. I bought mine used, so I didn't have lessons, but the dvd that comes with the machine had all the information and instruction I needed to get started.

Hcim55 06-26-2013 07:40 AM

Have it and luv it.....use it for machine quilting

romanojg 06-26-2013 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by Angel Bear (Post 6144706)
I have the Husqvarna Viking Mega Quilter and I love it. I tried and tried to do FMQ on my sewing machine, but I tend to be a perfectionist and just never felt like I was ready to do an actual quilt top. After I got my Mega Quilter on the Inspira Frame, I practiced on two "practice" quilts and then tackled my stack of quilt tops waiting to be quilted. (I just used two old sheets with batting in between them.) The machine is really easy to use and well worth the price. I bought mine used, so I didn't have lessons, but the dvd that comes with the machine had all the information and instruction I needed to get started.

Just wanted to let you know that even when you buy this machine there normally aren't classes on it. I bought mine new from a shop that is great with classes but was told there were none on it. Its so easy that anyone who has sewen even a little can do it.

Holly Quilter 12-29-2013 08:22 PM

I know this was an old post, but I have a new to me Mega Quilter and haven't been able to get it really going. Had problems getting the bobbin thread to come up, fixed that, then the needle thread was breaking, now it isn't sewing at all. I have it in an Inspira frame and am attempting FMQ. I have used LA machines in the past.mthx