Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone have a Symphony Baby Lock Machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-have-symphony-baby-lock-machine-t54879.html)

judylg 07-16-2010 06:50 PM

I have the Baby Lock Quilters Choice, I bought it 4 years ago. Now I see this one in some email I rec'd. Anyone have one? Your thoughts? Thanks.

Bevsie 07-17-2010 06:33 PM

Hi,
I don't have one, but have been looking at them! It is replacing their Espire model and that machine was a great quilting machine.
I have an Elegante 2, Ellure, and a Decorator's choice.
Heard it's an upgrade of the Espire.
Bet you would love it!

Bev

judylg 07-18-2010 04:20 AM

Bet it would cost a pretty penny, too. Wonder how much it is worth, that would be the thing I am curious about. I do really like using my Quilters Choice, I did see that the Symphony has the automatic threader and scissors, two features I love. Thanks for the information.

Bevsie 09-07-2010 07:44 PM

Hi,

Since we wrote in this post I have purchased a Babylock Symphony and I LOVE IT!!
It's basically the Babylock Espire with a new name and a few added features. It's also a lot like my Elegante 2 in many ways, no embroidery but some more quilting features.
I have only had it for less than two weeks, but I sure do love it!
I keep it at the quilt shop that I work at as we work on samples there. It's a wonderful machine!
Just wanted to update this post and question.

Bev

judylg 09-08-2010 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by Bevsie
Hi,

Since we wrote in this post I have purchased a Babylock Symphony and I LOVE IT!!
It's basically the Babylock Espire with a new name and a few added features. It's also a lot like my Elegante 2 in many ways, no embroidery but some more quilting features.
I have only had it for less than two weeks, but I sure do love it!
I keep it at the quilt shop that I work at as we work on samples there. It's a wonderful machine!
Just wanted to update this post and question.

Bev

I am happy to hear that you like the new machine, can I ask more or less what you paid? Am in Canada and not had a chance to see just what they are worth. Sounds like a great machine.

Bevsie 09-27-2010 07:31 PM

The MSRP on it is $3500, but I got mine for under $2500.
I absolutely am thrilled with it! It's very similar to my Elegante 2 without the embroidery....but has the wonderful extension table that comes with it and so many stitches!
It's cool.....
Bev

Gramof6 09-27-2010 08:41 PM

I wish you & your new machine many many happy years & quilts together.

MadQuilter 09-27-2010 09:20 PM

I have the Espire and lovelovelove my machine aka Quilla. She has the most even stitches of any machine I ever owned. Over the last few months I took machine-specific classes to get to know her better and now I am signed up for a series of quilting classes. What a gem.

judylg 09-28-2010 03:13 AM

It is a nice machine for sure, giving this some thought. Thanks.

Marjoeal 09-28-2010 10:28 AM

Sticker Shock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!