Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone know anything about this sewing machine? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-know-anything-about-sewing-machine-t3484.html)

darlenej 07-17-2010 05:47 PM

I have a Stradivaro superdeluxe 95 that was my mother's sewing machine. It is the only machine that I have used for the past 50 years. Both your machine and mine were based on Singer sewing machines. Your's looks like it might have been based on a singer 401. Mine has a series of cams that are inserted into the machine to do fancy zigzag stitches. I use one particular cam to do applique on my quilts.
I am looking for a walking foot for my machine. If you get any infomation on where I might get one. I would appreciate it. FYI you can purchase short shank Singer feet for your machine if you need to replace them.

LaDawna 08-09-2011 10:29 PM

Wow, Thank you everyone for all the information you've all posted. I would love to see pictures of the other Stradivaro's and or the Singer's this was modeled after.
Soon after I posted my question here, I did clean her up, and got her serviced, (they said she was in beautiful condition), and bought an 'old' new desk for her. Which I still need to 'modify' just for her. *If you can't tell, I simply LOVE my little machine here*.

Once again, I'm sorry for not replying or thanking everyone sooner. I lost my way back to this place until tonight when I got an e-mail from here.
(I'll bookmark it better this time :-) ).

emmah 08-10-2011 05:07 AM

It is a "clone" of a Singer model 15. You can download a free manual for a Singer 15 from internet. IT has one really nice feature and that is the knob that you can turn to "darn" which drops the feed dogs for free motion quilting. Have fun with it. The Japanese often used foreign names that seemed to them to indicate something really good or classy. The Stradavario is after the famous Italian Violin maker. I have one like similar called a Fiatelli - like the car. great machine, and a pretty color.

Annaquilts 08-10-2011 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by cricket_iscute
I know exactly what that is, and are you ever lucky! It is a clone of a Singer Model 15, called a Japanese clone Model 15. I have one just like it, but badged under a different name. Different sellers had them badged, or labeled with the seller's name, but it is the same machine. Mine is labeled "White". These were made around World War II in Japan, and the distinctive color gives that away. I just finished a complete meching on mine and, as always, that baby purrs. I gave it new wiring and a longer cord as well. It goes through fabric like a knife through butter. I totally love mine and would never give it up.

BTW, did you know you can get attachments to have it zig zag, do blind hems, make buttonholes, and more? They are normally available on e-bay. Also, this is one of the best machines for machine quilting ever made. One reason is the vertical bobbin. I haven't tried free- motion quilting on it, though.

Cherish that machine! I know I cherish mine.

Cricket

:thumbup:

whinnytoo 08-10-2011 05:29 AM

Very cool machine!

quilter68 08-10-2011 05:32 AM

A nice machine and you are one lucky lady!

debbiecharlie 08-10-2011 05:44 AM

It is a beautiful machine!!! Hope you find more information about her!

Ridge 09-28-2011 07:31 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I found my sewing machine in the attic of a home we bought 8 years ago, it is a Stradivaro Deluxe Precision 60. I only had a good look at it a few days ago. I will attach a picture of it , I don't know if it is working condition yet.

Mariposa 09-28-2011 07:41 AM

Pretty machine!!

DL 10-28-2011 03:32 PM

I have a 60 instead of a 30, just don't know what to do with it. Not really a sewing type of guy.