Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone know the name of this quilt? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-know-name-quilt-t258370.html)

Airwick156 12-17-2014 08:48 AM

Does anyone know the name of this quilt?

1 Attachment(s)
My friend is looking for the name of this quilt does anyone have any clue on what it is?

jeanne49 12-17-2014 09:01 AM

It's pretty, but I have no idea, hopefully someone here will be able to help you out.

Airwick156 12-17-2014 09:07 AM

I think its gorgeous and in those colors too. I hope someone knows the name so I can tell her. :)

Barb in Louisiana 12-17-2014 02:20 PM

This looks like a quilt design drawing similar to what you get when you design a block and then a quilt in EQ. Do you know where she found this? Any type web page would help. The block is an interesting one. I am trying to draw it now. I don't know if that will help you or not.

Airwick156 12-17-2014 02:57 PM

We have no idea where she found it at. I hope you can draw it. That would be so wonderful if you could. It seems to me that I have seen this pattern before but then I could be wrong it is really pretty though. I think it would look way cool done in browns. Please let me know if you figure it out I would appreciate it so very much Barb.

Barb in Louisiana 12-17-2014 06:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I can draw the block, but am having trouble with the sashing. This is my version of the block. It has some really weird measurements in it. The 24" block seems to have the least amount of strange measurements.

juneayerza 12-17-2014 07:39 PM

I'm going to do some looking since I really like this. I will see what I can find.

juneayerza 12-17-2014 08:16 PM

I've looked really hard at the picture you provided and I think this is a design drawing and not a real quilt. Design drawings don't always translate into a quilt exactly like the drawing. Barb has done a great job on this and I think she has gotten as close to the drawing as possible. What she has provided would make a beautiful quilt. You could play with the sashings to make some of the angles but not like it shows in the drawing, but it still would be great.

Jan in VA 12-17-2014 08:32 PM

Is it possible that rather than sashing, this is a quilt where you make the block then cut it up and reassemble....like (what is it?) Yellow Brick Road or Disappearing 9 Patch. Have to admit I've not made any of these but know there are several kinds.

Jan in VA

Airwick156 12-17-2014 08:38 PM

Originally Posted by Barb in Louisiana (Post 7012209)
I can draw the block, but am having trouble with the sashing. This is my version of the block. It has some really weird measurements in it. The 24" block seems to have the least amount of strange measurements.

Thank you so much Barb. I will pass this on to her. Your brilliant. Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart.