Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Does anyone know what this is? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/does-anyone-know-what-t206977.html)

maviskw 11-27-2012 07:21 AM

I would like to see it on the machine also. And then I would like to see a sample of what it does.

TinkerQuilts 11-27-2012 09:13 AM

Me too. What Brother machines does it work on???

Originally Posted by maviskw (Post 5683033)
I would like to see it on the machine also. And then I would like to see a sample of what it does.

riutzelj 11-27-2012 09:37 AM

i found a similar attachment in GW for my original Bernina 830. It was in the box and everything, and yes, it is an attachment to be able to serge with a regular sewing machine.

margecam52 11-27-2012 02:01 PM

It's a stitch selector.
Used for machines that only did straight stitches.
Montgomery Wards had one that was a funky tanish color. Could never make it work right.
Probably late 50's, early 60's machines...I was nine & the machine was probably 10 years old...I was born in 1952.
Marge

Originally Posted by Sande (Post 5680892)
I have searched high and low in my sewing machine manuals and on the internet. Also on the Brother website. I can't figure out what this part is for! The good news is I found a walking foot so I am very happy about this. I have two Brother embroidery sewing machines and an Elna Lock serger. I don't know if this part goes to one of my machines. I assumed it came with one of the Brother's but can't be sure. Do any of you know what this part is used for?

Thanks,

Sande

margecam52 11-27-2012 02:02 PM

Ok...maybe not the same attachment as on my mom's old MWard machine...looks about the same.

Originally Posted by margecam52 (Post 5683888)
It's a stitch selector.
Used for machines that only did straight stitches.
Montgomery Wards had one that was a funky tanish color. Could never make it work right.
Probably late 50's, early 60's machines...I was nine & the machine was probably 10 years old...I was born in 1952.
Marge

Skyangel 11-27-2012 02:19 PM

I have one of these for my older Bernina, it is called a Cut'n'Sew. It attaches like a walking foot and will trim off excess seam allowance as it overcasts the edge. Mine has a special pressure foot to use it with.

Sande 11-28-2012 04:22 AM

Photos of Side Cutter for Pacesetter by Brother, PC-7000

4 Attachment(s)
Hi all, here are photos of the side cutter for my Brother Pacesetter PC 7000. I have never used it and don't see a need for it since I have an Elna Lock serger that does what this attachment does.

To attach the side cutter you have to open a door in the plate and insert the cutter into the opening in the plate. Then you tighten the screw on the cutter. To start using the cutter, cut the edge of the fabric 3/4" then hold both threads tight under presser foot then guide fabric through side cutter. You can choose 4 different stitches with this device.

maviskw 11-28-2012 05:33 AM

Thanks for the pictures Sande. I'm sure glad they invented something else soon! LOL

susansomethings 11-28-2012 05:41 AM

Well isn't that just the " bam snizzle"!!!

charity-crafter 11-28-2012 05:46 AM

How cute, what will they think of next?